FYI: PMs don't always send an email

Just want to give a heads up to everyone. When you PM someone, it doesn’t always send an email. So you might want to check if you have a message every now and then.

It's been 100% every time I've gotten a PM.  Are there specific conditions under which it doesn't happen?  Or maybe it's just your email--your provider might treat them as spam.

I get emails, however, several people I have PMed didn’t.

Without anything changing that I know of there was a week where I didn't get emails when someone sent me a PM and after that week it worked again.   

Sometimes I get emails; sometimes I don't. They don't go to spam. No pattern that I've been able to discover.

I'm in the same situation as Grysqrl!

(Sometimes) vowelless?

They haven't been working since at least March of last year, (that's when I conversed with CaunJoel about it) and I'm absolutely certain it was not functioning much longer than that.

I have definitely gotten many e-mails about PMs more recently than that, throughout all of last fall. I'm not aware of missing any messages in that time.

Is it perhaps an e-mail spam-blocking thing? For instance, did the >G servers end up on some blacklist? That would cause messages to silently disappear without showing up in a spam folder.

That's possible. I stopped getting them at my main email address, so I changed it to send them to a gmail-based address. But then that stopped working too.

Hopefully the new website will handle notifications better. I'm sure that's one of the many reasons to switch over to a new system.