GSF GenCon Game

Who wants to get together and play/learn to play Galatic Strike Force Friday night at GenCon?  Let's see if we can hold Paul to his promise.

I'm in. Presumably this would be after the Letters Page recording.

My plans for Friday night are still a little up in the air, but I'm interested.

I’ve got an event that evening so I will have to pass.  

I'm excited to do this! GSF is fun, if a bit long. I'm assuming none of us would have to bring a copy if Paul is bringing them? =]

@RySmith6

I'd recommend bringing a copy. I will definitely be able to show up at some point during or after the game to distribute prizes, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to hit a specific delivery time slot :)

Done and done. Now to play the "Will I have to check a bag for the games I'm bringing?" game. It's a real-space resource management game with a minor push-your-luck component.

Make sure to check my slight rules and balance modification notes if it’s of any interest. you don’t want a Wrath player get clever and break the game! 

For all it’s addmited problems, I still enjoy GSF for what it is. It just needs that little push to be that engaging puzzle GSF becomes. 

remember to keep your decks lean and mean. Enjoy saving the universe. 

I'm up for learning how to play.

I completely agree with everything @Foote just said. At some point, we'll revisit GSF...

Yeah, I was thinking later at night, like 10pm or something.  Ok, next obvious question is where?  Anyone got some ideas?

I have a copy of GSF at the Westin. I would say we should meet outside >G's demo room #140-141. If things in there are quiet, and they let us stay at an empty table, we could be there; however, most likely we will travel from the demo room to another space. I suggest people scope out spaces on the way to the demo room, and we'll fly with what the best (or closest) space is.

Looks like I’m going to miss it: my flight was canceled, and I don’t get in until after that :frowning:

For anyone who is still interested!
We are in the demo room, #140-141.

Jodies has said anyone who wants to play should knock the secret knock on the room's door. I leave it to you dedicated fans to choose an appropriately themed knock =]

We're going to try to get started at 10 sharp, so come on by!

So did it happen? The people have a right to know!

…I wonder if the 8-bit SOTM theme I heard playing in the hall between 9:30 and 10:00 PM last night was an appropriately themed knock

It definitely happened. I definitely gave out over a case of GSF :)