Guess Who's Back? (It's Paul - AMA)

Thanks for your reply! I checked Ulysses’ website after reading what you wrote and they are, in fact, doing a crowdfunding campaign for the translation at this very moment. Maybe it would be a good idea to advertise it on your end as well, I don’t know, like inform people about it on one of your podcasts in a couple of sentences? Like, I follow everything Sentinels on GTG’s media outlets, but not all the German RPG companies so I wouldn’t have noticed had I not read your post here.

I have a couple of follow-up questions:

How closely are you working with the company on translation/localization? I am asking because if I understood it correctly, the German version of the Definitive Edition failed mostly due to different ideas about those very things (even though that was a different company, of course).

Related to this, do you know if the Starter Kit is going to be based on the new and revised version you are working on at the moment? I guess it would make sense, but I also heard that a translation of the “older” version had already been in the making so I wonder what it’s going to be.

Sorry for taking up so much space to discuss something that is only relevant for a small part of the Sentinels community, but the SCRPG is one of the best systems I have ever played, and I am confident that a German localization will help boost its popularity over here by quite a lot.

Also still hoping for DE in German as well. Maybe some day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@skywhale

Flat River Group has a number of warehouses in the Grand Rapids area, and that’s where stuff gets staged now for Target and hobby distribution.

@Irrevenant

I’m really glad you like the game! You will definitely be getting some new supplements! Back when we did the RPG Kickstarter, we pre-sold some accessory books that we’ve been slowly working on through pandemic and acquisition related delays. They’re now slowly moving from the back burner to the front burner, and I’ve actually gotten a chance to contribute quite a bit to that process! I’ve been learning inDesign so that I can take the graphic design elements created by Jenn and Rae and help get the layout completed faster.

@Faralis

Your follow-up questions are mostly for Christopher! I’ll pass them on, but definitely feel free to post those as a comment on the RPG Kickstarter too! I know he always checks those.

4 Likes

Gotta be careful there! Beer City ought to be the perfect location for the Cult of Gloom.

1 Like

Unfortunately I missed the campaign, so it’s not possible for me to post there, but thank you anyway!

I posted it to the comments there

2 Likes

I assume that the upcoming Urban Settings Book will provide some details on that, and if not, the future G.L.O.B.A.L book likely will.

There’s a chance that the Dark Watch book will cover that, as we know it will contain Pinion and Zhu Long. The Diamond Book of Monsters / xxtz’Hulissh Adventure is another possibility. I also vaguely recall C&A mentioning on the podcast about just a “Magic Book,” but I’ve no clue how likely or when that would be. There’s also a possibility for a Virtuosos of the Void book, although that’s just pure speculation.

It’s confirmed that we’ll be getting a Void Guard (and Captain Cosmic and Lifeline) book eventually, which will likely address this.

Frankly, I don’t think any product has been announced or hinted at that will address this. Maybe the Paradigms book, but that seem unlikely.

However, there are a couple of general answer to all these questions: the Sentinel Comics Universe is Like Reality Unless Noted, and writers (i.e. GMs and players) are pretty much free to do whatever they’d like.

I do realise that those answers are fairly unsatisfying, though, so maybe I’ll think about collecting some of the information that’s been given in various products and the podcast into some dossiers. Maybe. We’ll see.

Hi, Paul! I don’t really have a question, I just wanted to say it’s good to see you.

2 Likes

@Trajector
Good to see you too!

Hello again!
Not sure this is the right place to ask, but are you planning on releasing more Spirit Spotlight videos?
The series is both informative for people still new-ish to the game and just a lot of fun to watch and listen to: Animations, as usual, are top-notch and Chris Burton does an amazing job as a narrator. However, a number of spirits are still missing from it.
Seems like they’ve been well received in general, too, so I hope there will be more!

2 Likes

Glad you like them!

I’ve written and recorded a bunch more, but the animation and editing takes time (and we have but one Trevor, as amazing as he may be). I fully expect we’ll see more of them in time!

4 Likes

You should really talk to Biomancer about that. I’m sure he can help you out.

1 Like

Introducing Trevur and Trebor.

2 Likes

Trevor Casterlyin’

3 Likes

Trevor Cast-erline?

Would GtG consider sponsoring Critical role playing the SCRPG?
Most of the main cast and some popular guests were the dream voice casting for Sentinels Characters on the Letters Page.

this would also be the perfect opportunity for them to invite Collen Clinkinbeard who was also a voice cast choice, has superhero cred from My Hero Academia, and is part of the “how did Laura and Travis meet” story.

3 Likes

@Sea-Envy
We would absolutely love to do so, and have considered it! It just depends on if it makes sense with the marketing budget.

2 Likes

Hi again! I have another question, this time regarding shipping.

Are you planning on shipping Sentinels products from the Flat River Group warehouse in Belgium? If yes, how is it going to work? I know people in Europe (including myself) would love to be able to order directly from the GTG store - however, right now shipping fees (plus taxes I guess) are unpleasantly high for EU customers. Obviously this is not the company’s fault, but I can imagine being able to distribute wares from inside the EU will make shipping them easier and cheaper for everyone?

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

1 Like

Got to say. I’ve been noticing Flat River Group a lot more since the GTG acquisition. Probably most things were already under the umbrella, but it’s a bit funny. RPGs from Renegade or Modiphius? FRG. King of Tokyo’s US distributor? FRG.

Y’all got borged into good company.