How was everyone's holidays?

Did you celebrate anything somehow and/or give and get some gifts, or did you just enjoy the chance to be faffing about for a day?

I'm in the "faffing about" category; I finally installed and tried out my copy of West of Loathing I bought some time back and have been enjoying it greatly (having been a Kingdom of Loathing fan back in the day as well).

I got Spirit Island and did not get unreasonably angry at the family who came to visit, which is all I wanted! :)

Was quiet for the most part. Went to see family for brunch and give/recieve presents, then headed home to wait for Christmas Dinner.

Spent a good portion of the day watching my Christmas specials and such, which is my own little tradition.

I hope everyone had a full and Merry Christmas. :)

My family has a lovely Jewish Chinese Food Day.

Also, we saw The Last Jedi.

Other than getting back 20 minutes ago instead of around 3, it was pretty good, but not restful.

Finally got a new computer. I'm probably only going to play minecraft on it but still.

Nothing wrong with playing Minecraft - Minecraft is cool :D.

We just did what we usually do at Christmas - get up and sit around to open prezzies, then play around with those prezzies and generally do stuff and eat food and all that. Got a bunch more gaming-related stuff (a couple of tabletop games I'd asked for, some Steam vouchers, and some extra d6s I'd also asked for since i know I'll be needing them once Oblivaeon comes out ;)) and a load of chocolate to add to the supply I got for my birthday a week and a half ago and which I sm steadily working through :D.

I got climbed on by my nephews, ate chocolates and read a whole 20 pages of a book!

I also got 20 minutes to jump on the forums and post the announcement thread for The Letter's Page, so it wasn't all fun and games.

How did I celebrate non-denominational Santa gift giving day?

Spent the days ahead of it wrapping far to many gifts

On the eve,  went to my aunts and hung out with my cousins and watched all our kids play and have fun. Then went home and stayed up till 4 AM putting a train table together for my youngest

My oldest proceeded to wake us up at 6 am.  Open gifts, ate cinnamon rolls and drank mimosas.  Then put a million batteries in toys. Then off to my Brother-in-laws for dinner and more gifts and crazy kids

Then December 26th came and I got my Christmas gift,  got to sleep to almost noon and made prime rib for dinner :)

Well, I've sent the gift that doesn't fit right back to Amazon, and I'm now trying to figure out where to hang my certificate of ownership of 2 plots of land in Roscommon, Ireland.

And I still need to find out how big they actually are.

Pretty good overall. It was remarkably cold for a couple days and will be again tomorrow, so I'm a little on edge due to all the other house trouble I had in 2017. But the family gatherings went well. My 15 month old daughter got to run full speed around three houses that she's not used to and parade around in PJs that both sets of grandparents have been hoarding for 35 years just in case they ever had grandkids. She also picked up plenty of age-appropriate toys.

The family gathering on my wife's side was truncated due to a portion of the family being trapped by snow in Muskegon, MI, but at least everyone is safe.

Meanwhile, my wife got Tsuro, a gaming wall calendar, and a bunch of Luna Lovegood-themed stuff, while I got Ys VIII, Etrian Odyssey V, and a pile of iTunes credit, 99c of which I immediately spent on Potion Explosion.

Got lazer riders and dealt with way too much snow and cold. So glad to be leaving the Midwest and going back south 

Hmm. Let's see.

My husband went to see his family in Georgia. I went to see my family in Indianapolis. All in all, everything was fine. We probably would have both preferred to stay home in St. Louis with each other, though.

My parents came out for three days, and no bodily harm was inflicted on anyone in that time.  I made a roast leg of lamb with a pesto orzo with feta and sun-dried tomatoes.  It came out pretty damned well, if I do say so.  

X-mas eve, we spent with my wife's parents.  They do ham and scalloped potatoes, and I made sweet & hot wings, at the request of Jules' aunt.  

X-mas day, we grabbed Japanese food with our friend Lionel, then played "Bob Ross: The Game of Chill" and "Photosynthesis".  Very low key, but enjoyable.

Best gifts I received were easily the fryer skillet from my sister and the Masters of the Universe newspaper comic compilation from Lionel.

Best gifts I gave were the mermaid-scale leggings I gave Jules and the media tower I got for her cousin Jeff.

My fiancee and I are lucky(?) enough that our families are onlly several hours drive apart.

Drove to my side in the western Chicago suburbs Xmas Eve, drove up to Northern Milwaukee Suburbs immediately afterwards, then 2 days in Wisconsin where I partially needed to spend time in a house with a cat (stupid allergies).

Flew out to the east coast to visit family, "staycation" style. Sister graduated with her PhD, closed on her new house (which I ended up cosigning on-- woo! debt for life!), and she in turn got me some awesome canvases of the Poe Sister paintings from Ocarina of Time. Convinced my dad to cut the cable and move our family towards Roku + streaming everything, which we're now sharing services on. Visited some old college friends, and finally finished Mario Odyssey.

Pretty happy, overall.

Not to bring things down or anything, but my family didn’t especially want to see him, and his family didn’t espcially want to see me. So it wouldn’t really matter how close they were.

Damn, that sucks.  My sympathies.