How would you rank the characters of Sentinel Tactics?

Obviously a lot of it depends on team/terrain, but if you were playing a tournament match where you had to (for whatever reason) pick characters blind, what order would you put as your preference?

My order:

1. Citizen Dawn
  2. Tachyon
  3. The Operative
  4. The Wraith
  5. Unity
  6. Bunker
  7. Beacon
  8. Legacy
  9. Ambuscade
  10. Baron Blade
  11. Omnitron V
  12. The Visionary
  13. Ra
  14. Absolute Zero
  15. Proletariat

Proletariat is last?! I hope Christopher doesn’t see this list. :slight_smile:

Haha when the Gencon tournaments go up, you'll see his reaction to my thoughts on Proletariat.

So they actually save the video else where right? Because Twitch deletes it after 14 or 60 days and we're well outside that period now.

Yup! They typically put them up on YouTube - this one had some technical issues but I believe it's still coming. 

Based on what I've seen in the tournaments and because of rulings since I haven't done skirmishes much myself:

1. Tachyon
  2. The Operative
  3. The Wraith
  4. Citizen Dawn
  5. Unity
  6. Bunker
  7. Legacy
  8. Beacon
  9. Ambuscade
  10. Baron Blade
  11. Omnitron V
  12. Ra
  13. Proletariat
  14. Absolute Zero
  15. The Visionary

Really the bottom three are a bit interchangeable as I never any of them able to have a lot of impact regularly.   Christopher's game with Proletariat is the main reason he is the top out of them.   I'd like those bottom three to be higher honestly as I a fan of Absolute Zero and Proletariat.   

It was really hard to come up with a list, but I think i've finally came up with one that I liked.

1. Absolute Zero, Ambyscade, Baron Blade, Beacon, Bunker, Citizen Dawn, Legacy, Omnitron-V, Proletariat, Ra, Tachyon, The Operative, The Wraith, The Visionary, and Unity

Alphabetical order for the win!

Here's my order, I tier them.

Tier 1:  (Ban or First pick level) Tachyon.

Tier 2:  (Ban or build team around) Baron Blade, Citizen Dawn, Ambuscade, Wraith, Operative, Legacy.

Tier 3:  (Solid on any team) Unity, Bunker, Beacon.

Tier 4:  (Only on the right team) Omnitron-V, Ra, Visionary

Tier 5:  (Avoid unless they are the perfect last pick) Absolute Zero, Proletariat.

That's how I would go, my basic team strategy:

1. Ban Tachyon unless you pick first, then you ban someone who counters the team you are hoping to build (Blade if I want Tachyon).

2.  First Pick Tachyon or if she is gone grab the tier 2 character you want most, of course being conscious of bans and their first pick.

3.  From the tier 2-4 list grab the character that works best with your first pick, or block a counter pick.

4.  Fill out your team with a more situational character that fits your strategy, or counter pick an opposing strategy.

If I get Tachyon I'm trying to get Citizen Dawn, Unity, Legacy, Wraith, Visionary, in that order.  (Tach/Dawn/Legs is my favorite, but very hard to get)

I haven't played much Tactics yet, but the team I've thought about running is Absolute Zero, Visionary, and Proletariat. 

Maybe there's a hidden synergy I've found, or maybe I'm just a contrarian by nature... 

Tier 1:  Very powerful.  Take them if they're available and their counter's haven't been picked.

Tachyon, Legacy, Bunker, Baron Blade, Citizen Dawn, Operative

Tier 2: Overall good.  

Ambuscade, Unity, Wraith, Omnitron-V, Beacon, Proletariat

Tier 3: Very situational.  Use only if their specialties can really shine.

Absolute Zero, Visionary, Ra

Or as a numerical list of favoritism:

1. Citizen Dawn
  2. Bunker
  3. Legacy
  4. Baron Blade
  5. Operative
  6. Tachyon
  7. Proletariat
  8. Ambuscade
  9. Beacon
  10. Wraith
  11. Omnitron-V
  12. Unity
  13. Ra
  14. Visionary
  15. Absolute Zero
  1. Tachyon
  2. Baron Blade
  3. Citizen Dawn
  4. Operative
  5. Omnitron-V
  6. Legacy
  7. Bunker
  8. Beacon
  9. Wraith
  10. Unity
  11. Ambuscade
  12. Visionary
  13. Ra
  14. Absolute Zero
  15. Proletariat

I am amazed to see Baron Blade so low on so many of your lists.

I know right?

Especially ranking him lower than Ambuscade.

Hello my name is Alistair. Since this is my first post none of you may know me, but I am a member of the adaptive subroutines. We finished second at the world championships for tactics. I have also complied a tier list, but this tier list was created around competitive play. Heroes have different value when you are picking for a coordinated team. There are certain goals and win conditions each team is trying to achieve. I explained my reasoning for each character placement as well, thank you:

Character tiers Updated after season 1

1. Citizen Dawn: Dawn is too good at everything her kit is overloaded with solid damage, healing, the best tank in the game, team buffs, off turn team actions, debuffs for the enemy team, and arguably the best one shot in the game. Her passive allows her damage to scale as the match becomes more bloody. In competitive play Dawn is a must pick or ban for any team at this point.

2. Bunker: Bunker is a powerful pick dealing high damage from both long and short range. He features a high health pool coupled with the highest base defense. Omni cannon gives bunker the highest based attack in the game. Expert tactician also gives him huge team utility. Bunker in turret mode can deal extreme damage while also ignoring any forced movement crowd control. Bunker is a force to be reckoned with for any opponent.

3. Legacy: Legacy is a huge flex pick. He can play both tank and support very well. Being able to mitigate an attack roll, trade places with people in line of sight, being able to generate tokens for himself and allies, and he is one of two heroes with a group heal. Legacy is also one of the best damage scalers in the game. Between surge of strength, galvanize, inspiring presence, and flying smash a clever Legacy can sit back store up attack tokens and one shot even the the strongest of opponents.

4. Operative: Operative is one of the most difficult heroes to play against. With her dragons frenzy passive being one of the best passives in the games she can 1v1 any one. Then she can further strengthen her attacks with undivided attention. She has a whole deck of poisons to debuff the opposing team. Then there is kusarigama which is the best displacing power in the game. The only thing that really limits operative is she can’t fly and she is mostly close range. But she is an absolute nightmare for melee focused heroes.

5. Ambuscade: Ambuscade is the hardest hero to kill and is great at cutting down tanks and squishies alike. His bombs are one of the best ways to control opponent movement and they also provide so much out play potential. Cloaking device allows him to be an absolute terror for any priority target and makes him one of the most mobile heroes in the game. The only down fall for Ambuscade is he doesn’t have any real buffs for his allies, or debuffs for his enemies. But Ambuscade is still a strong counter pick into most team comps.

6. Unity: Unity has fallen from top support in the game with the recent ruling limiting her go bots action. However champion bot and turret bot are still incredibly powerful. Now Unity players must take longer to position her bots. As a result this can leave vulnerability window for her enemies take advantage of before she has everyone in position. But her combo of swift bot into reconfiguration for an almost instant bot delivery is still potent to either provide aid to her allies or frustrate her opponents. She fits most comfortably now in fortress comps.

7. Baron Blade: Baron Blade is a Jack of All Trades kind of hero. He scales well with his passive, he is incredibly mobile with displacing teleporter, and hard to kill because of sabre battle suite, and kinetic redistributor. But Baron Blade fits best as a pocket counter pick. Able to frustrate most teams with his one shots and he can single handedly deter the token generation strategy. But he lacks the full power to have only him as a damage dealer, and can’t really protect or buff his allies. With his out play potential he can still take over a game, but he is a tad more situational.

8. Ra: Ra is damage. Kind of a one trick poney in that sense, but in a game that is about killing your opponents damage is a stat that should not be overlooked. Ra may not be as crafty or efficient as some of the higher ranked heroes when it comes to dealing damage, but he puts dice on the table, a lot of dice on the table, and with his mid tier ranking he can easily round out a team comp in need of a hard hitter.

9. Wraith: Wraith fits an interesting role in team comps. She is hands down the strongest dualist in the game, but her best role for a team since she has mediocre damage is to be an off tank and debuffer. Between her passive, slip into shadows, stun bolt, and adhesive foam pellets she can go solo into the enemy team and apply movement, attack, and defense debuffs to the opposing team with very little risk. Creating openings for allies.

10. Omnitron: Omnitron is a beast that does a lot of interesting things, but is outclassed by many heroes. He does tote the largest health pool, but isn’t the best tank. He has the second highest base attack power, but is out classed by more efficient hitters. He has a four hex leap, but is not the most mobile hero. So overall Omnitron can fit your team as a second tier pick for most roles if your ideal picks are unavailable.

11. Tachyon: Tachyon is one of the more flashy heroes. She has extremely powerful health abilities. But with a small health pool Tachyon has a very limited amount times she can take an extra turn or hit someone really hard. Her other abilities are a little underwhelming and without her light speed barrage her damage output is relatively low. When tachyon is not being a hitter she has little to provide her team, and she is very easily countered and negated by opposing team comps causing Tachyon to not do anything or die excessively.

12. Beacon: Beacon is in a odd place. She has some powerful abilities between focused blast, kreyow, head on collision and fortitude. She also features some great utility abilities with next evolution and bolstering team up. What really limits her is the fact she has only two actions. Even with her mobility she doesn’t have an effective gap close or much in the way of surge abilities. As a result, Beacon is taking an action to either get into position to either hit an enemy or support an ally. So in a team comp she ends up not hitting most of the time and is kind of stuck being a walking bolstering team up.

13. Proletariat: Proletariat is the strongest late game scaling hero in the game. If allowed to get to full manifestations he can destroy any target. The only problem is getting to that level of strength. He is very vulnerable until then making him a high risk high reward hero. So as a result Proletariat is played mostly as an off tank. This makes him hard to kill, but it significantly delays his damage output.

14. The Visionary: Visionary is the only hero whose kit screams support. With dice manipulation being a huge part of her kit she has so much she can contribute to a team. The challenge with Visionary is that she is very vulnerable so she needs to stay out of the fight, but also close enough to interact with it. This forces her to keep decoy out for her own protection, but unfortunately because of decoys positioning it typically separates her from her team. Though dice manipulation is powerful she can be too much of a liability at times.

15. Absolute Zero: Absolute Zero suffers from a kit without any clear identity. He is a two action hero and more so than most this limits his play making significantly. He can change terrain, but because of his lack of mobility the enemy typically escape his pillars. He has bonus reach, but it’s only plus 2 which kind of limits him as a long range poke champion. Since his most damaging abilities require him to lose health or be at low health he typically can be targeted fairly quickly by a coordinated team.

Excellent analysis of the characters!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Glad you could join us, Alistair! :grin:

Very cool. How do you counter Tachyon?