I'm not a big fan of Sentinels of Earth-Prime

In my opinion, this game is… Fine. The heroes are fun. The villains are challenging. The environments are creative. But there’s something… Missing. Maybe it’s the Great Value justice league. Maybe the card art. Maybe the variants (Captain Thunder with a mask, a male version of a female version of Batman, and the hideous art on One with Freedom Dr. Metropolis all come to mind). But no. I think it’s the presentation. The graphic design? Boring. The music? Cliche ( Except for Argo’s theme, which is great). But most of all: This is a super hero universe, and not a comic book one. Will I buy future expansions? Of course. But I hope that these problems get fixed in the near future.

Don’t expect them to, since the game’s already published and it seems very unlikely they’ll make any more of it beyond the one expansion. Handelabra is here to adapt, not change!

Though feeling there’s something missing is, in my mind, totally valid. I like SOEP, but I’ll also admit it’s just… not the same experience as playing SOTM.

2 Likes

Yeah… Really, I’m just happy for more sentinels. Although, I do think there will be more, because of stuff like Eldritch and some cavemen. Also the other nemesis symbols

1 Like

The art is sourced by people contracted by Green Ronin and the mechanics were done by GTG. Since it’s not an IP Christopher controls he was given stuff to go off but not his own lore to go off. Additionally no idea of what final art might be like which he usually got with Adam. Lastly, the mechanics were done right after OblivAeon was finished and Christopher has mentioned his head wasn’t quite in the right place. However, it needed done as OblivAeon had delayed his work on it.

1 Like

Yeah… I can tell it’s not the same. It’s fun (also I just want to say Daedalus is awesome) and I like some of the art. I just feel like something’s wrong.

Just curious if anyone with physical copy has tried Earth Prime content with Definitive Edition conversion guide. How’d that go? Heroes over/underpowered compared to revamped DE decks? Some of the SoEP feel just objectively stronger than certain Enhanced Edition decks.

I don’t own a physical Earth-Prime or DE.

I’ve only seen this video, in which they seemed to work well together.

2 Likes

Feels like a prototype for a few DE changes. I never really bought into that particular IP, so it’s… yeah, it’s fine. Daedalus and Lady Liberty are cool, couple others are interesting, but the villains are… meh. Maybe that last bit is because I got sick of the “Evil Hades” trope a LOOOOOOOONG time ago…

2 Likes

The villains can be fun, but Hades is… just the most cliche. And while yes, Daedalus is great, I find Lady Liberty to be meh.