Infinitor: "Whispers of Oblivion"

I’m playing my first of these weekly challenges and I’m new to Season 2 so forgive me if I’ve missed something.

The text of Infinitor’ “Whispers of Oblivion” reads:

Infinitor deals each target 1 psychic damage. If at least one target is destroyed this way, restore all manifestation cards to their maximum HP
Play the top card of the villain deck.

It should work from the top of the card down, resolving each action as it goes right?
I’m seeing it appraise the IF condition in the second sentence first.
Apply the result (heal all five Manifestations from 1 to 4 HP) and THEN the damage screen pops up and deals them all 1 damage (well 1 + 1)

It should have been a game win as soon as the first line is actioned.

Cheers

I would have read the card the same way as you, but this is how the game tends to read it. Whispers of Oblivion hits each target one at a time. As soon as hitting a target destroys it, the healing effect triggers and heals all the Manifestations.

If you’re up against Heroic Infinitor, him placing Manifestations under himself doesn’t count as destroying them, so what probably happened was that it hit and destroyed a hero target and healed all the Manifestations. You can avoid that by controlling the order in which Infinitor hits things.

If it healed everything before hitting anything, that’s a bug and should be reported.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate your time. I’ve just worked out my issue. I’ve only been playing the basic rules so I never read the Advanced text on the villains.
The Challenge text on the Infinitor card reads:

AT THE START OF THE VILLAIN TURN, THE TOP CARD OF INFINITOR’S DECK IS REVEALED.
IF IT IS A MANIFESTATION, IT IS PUT INTO PLAY.
IF NOT, IT IS SHUFFLED BACK INTO INFINITOR’S DECK AND EACH MANIFESTATION IN PLAY IS RESTORED TO ITS MAXIMUM HP.

So basically it was an identical but totally unrelated effect healing the Manifestations.

The last possible second to prevent my win was the first time it came up in the game :joy:

2 Likes