Innate powers in scenarios (Blitz and Elemental Invocation)

I have been looking through FAQs and rule books but can't find a good clear ruling on this.

In Blitz I like to play that you can only get refunded for fast innates in which you meet at least one elemental threshold. Otherwise spirits with fast innates would be overpowered (I think).

In elemental invocation however, I play where you can target a land with your innate power, even if you don't meet the elemental threshold so it should do nothing, but then the land causes the elemental threshold to be met and the power does something.

Based on my interpretation of RAW these are contradictory interpretations, but I think they are the way it should work. The fact that Volcano Looming High's Explosive Eruption's says you can destroy 1 or more pressense even though it takes 2 to meet a threshold implies that you could use it to destroy 1 pressence (and thereby deal 1 damage) and not meet any threshold, however in the original rulebook on page 14 it says "Innate Powers have Elemental Thresholds meaning they can only be used on turns you have all the required Elements." As well as "Innate Powers: Free Powers that can be triggered using Elements."

On Blitz with innates, you do indeed need to meet one threshold. There was a relevant FAQ, but it was missing a tag for the Blitz scenario.

And absolutely you can target a land with Elemental Invocation to meet your thresholds.

But note that the first paragraph of Volcano's innate is in fact a threshold, just one that requires 0 elements, and would trigger things like the Blitz rebate: here's the FAQ on Volcano. The FAQ doesn't address whether destroying 0 Presence (doing nothing) would be enough to get the rebate; I'll check on that.

Well, Volcano's FAQ does say that the Innate is considered used even if you destroy 0 presence, so I'd say you get the rebate even if you "use" that Innate to do nothing. 

Yes, I just edited that FAQ (after consulting with Eric), and forgot to come back here and post about it. Enjoy the boost!