JoCo Cruise 2018

I was on the JoCo cruise last week (https://jococruise.com/). It's a nerdy, music, gaming, variety sort of thing. They have a 750 game library. It's where I met Christopher. He and Paul were on it this year, as well as Braithwhite. And maybe other forumites?

We got permission to use playtest versions of unreleased heroes, which was fun to be able to show off. I got a chance to play Spirit Island with Paul, which I really enjoyed. I saw Christopher and Braithwhite working on new spirits for the upcoming expansion, though I never got around to asking them any details of what they were working on. I played Sentinels a bunch -- teaching to anyone who'd let me, pretty much, but also played Spirit Island a few more times -- once 'speed' teaching it to a pair who'd sat down at the table next to mine and started to read the rulebook for themselves. Good thing they were experienced gamers and fast learners, because I had little time to spare.

I'm pretty sure at least one session of the RPG was run, though I don't know any details.

Spirit Island got checked out of the library A LOT. I just saw a list of the top ten titles checked out and it was second.  I'm not sure how many checkouts that is, but I know of at least one game that did NOT make the top ten which had over 20 checkouts.

Well, I'm used to writing so much about conventions that I feel like I have a pretty paltry amount to say here, but if you have any questions about the JoCo Cruise, I will happily answer them.

That sounds like a really awesome thing that I probably can't afford to go on!