Justice Like Iron

Hello all!

Before I actually begin posting this fanfiction I wanted to test the waters and make certain no one will be horribley offended by the topic of my piece.

Provided no one is upset, I will be writing my interpretation of Legacy's transformation into Iron Legacy. 

I feel this is a very interesting moment that could truely show some great depth into the psyche of may characters.

Thanks for your time and, hopefully, feedback.

-D. Lo.

People have posted fanfiction in the past. There's a story about Baron Blade and another one about the police force in the world of Sentinels.

Um, where is this story about Baron Blade? I haven't seen that one D: Oh no. Also, dlott, go right ahead! :D Exited to read it!

Justice Like Iron (Part 1)

For the first time in a very long time, Meredith Stinson chose to be still. The soft crack of light from her open bedroom door barely lay upon the thing that stopped the world's fastest woman.

"Dana..." The words fell from Meredith's mouth as a soft as mist. Meredith knelt cautiously beside the crumpled form of her wife, her lengthy ponytail dropping of her shoulder. "You're still warm." Meredith gasped as she took her lover's hand.

"That's...because...I'm still...alive, dummy." Dana's raspy voice sounded prone as her body. Before a relieved chuckle  shadow crept over Meredith and Dana as their bedroom door squeaked open.

"For now." A steely response sounded from the door as Meredith lurched her head toward the door. "Do you see the horrors we have allowed?" The caped shadow that eclipsed the increased light from the doorway, inquired as it stepped toward the pair.

Meredith was standing and a breath away from the massive shadow before the form could finish its sentence.

"What have you done?" The words came from Meredith not as a question but as a rage soaked sword. The figure tilted its head. Light shone over its shoulder revealing a shining iron shoulderpad and a familiar chiseled jaw. Something dripped from the figure’s hand and pooled, mixing with the shadows on the floor.

"I did what you should have done after that break-in at Eaken-Rubendall, two years ago." His voice was accusing, yet cool--an unsheathing dagger.

"My wife is half-dead on the floor because of you and you're bringing up Friction!?!" Meredith was stationary; her rage, however, was accelerating to mach 2. "Legacy, you're making it very hard to forgive you.” She pointed toward Dana, who was struggling to sit up. “This is the wrong way to grieve." Her temper calmed only slightly as she darted to where she could assist her wife and observer her broad-shouldered visitor.

"I did not lay a hand on your wife. I arrived as Friction was fleeing, with bloody hands." Legacy knelt to aid Meredith in moving Dana to the couples’ bed. He stood and began walking toward the door. He turned, his face steeled with an expression Meredith had never seen Legacy don, inexorable hatred.

“Paul… What did you do?” Meredith asked as terror set into her, an iron ball in her gut.

“Paul Parsons is dead.” Legacy stated the phrase with as much certainty as he would call the sky blue. He turned toward the door. “As dead as Pauline, Ivan Ramonat, and now Krystal Lee.”

Meredith stepped toward the now empty doorway. Her pursuit halted by the struggled breaths of Dana. Dr. Meredith Stinson, Tachyon, the world’s fastest woman, carefully craddled her wife into her arms and sped toward any Emergency Room she could think of. As she exited her home, heavy drops of rain began to pelt the bullet-fast woman like aquatic bullets; dime-sized bruises were the farthest thing from Tachyon’s mind as she begun to ponder Paul Parsons--Legacy--dripping the blood of her nemesis on her carpet.

So far pretty good, but on the flavor text for Fleet of Foot, Tachyon tells Friction she's not her nemesis. I don't think Tachyon thinks of Friction as her nemesis, but as that annoying, terrible intern who stole her gear. It's a bit nitpicky, I know.

I think that works well with what we have here, Friction wants vengeance on Tachyon, Tachyon doesn't care about her and I assume lets her go, or something like that, Friction then goes after her wife.

I have nothing against the plot, it's more of the mental process of the character. I just don't think she thinks of Friction the same way Legacy sees Blade, or Fanatic sees Apostate. I think Tachyon thinks of Friction as a petulent child using stolen powers, kind of like her cousin.

You could have it where after Dana is injured, Tachyon raises Friction on her threat-o-meter, but this would be a recent thing and the way the word is used in the passage implies that she's always seen Friction as a nemesis which given their relationship and flavor text doesn't seem to be true.

In the grand scheme of things its is just a minor nitpicky criticism.

I definitely agree with what you're saying. However, this story is taking place in the alternate timeline where things are different. Perhaps in this timeline Friction joined with Baron Blade earlier. Or, perhaps–more likely-- I made a semantic error.  :grin:

First sentences are the most important thing in any story. Nailed it.

Justice Like Iron (Part 2)

“I had just come home from the grocery store. I was putting things away when I heard the door open and that soft breeze that means Meredith is home. I turned around and the curtains were on fire. So, naturally, I grab the fire extinguisher and start putting out flames, while I shout at Meredith to keep work at work for the millionth time. Only, Meredith didn’t give me some quip about how important nuclear fusion is… I put down the extinguisher and walk toward the bedroom. I know that’s where she is by the skid marks from her sneakers… When I walk into our room, I see that dark-haired tramp-- sorry, girl--that the Freedom Five ‘incapacitated’ last month.” Dana’s words were the steady beat of a crescendoing drum. Each word recorded quickly by the officer as a nurse took her vitals. Dana’s legs hung from the side of the scratchy-sheeted gurny. And, Meredith stared out a window into the stormy streets.

“I...politely, asked the young lady to stop rifling through my wife’s things and then I felt a sharp pain in my temple.” Meredith’s attention was fully on Dana at these words. “Next thing I remember, Meredith is home and Legacy is standing in the doorway.” Dana finished her statement as the nurse unclasped a blood-pressure cuff.

“Thank you, ma’am. We have several units patrolling the area for Krystal Lee, alias Friction. And two units dedicated to watching your home.” The officer quickly closed his notepad and nods toward a distracted Tachyon. “Goodnight ma’am. We’ll keep you posted.” Tachyon feigned a smile as the officer departed and turned her attention back to the rain soaked window.

“Meredith, go.” Dana says firmly with a slight shake of her head.

“Dana, what… No, I need to--” Tachyon looked as if roused from a dream then concerned.

“I’m fine. I married a super-scientist who got drafted as a superhero. I was ready for what would come. Now go figure out what’s got Legacy’s heroic panties in a bunch so I can sleep peacefully tonight.” Dana is the only person in the world with a wit quick enough to interrupt Meredith. She’s also, very likely, the only woman brave enough to insult Legacy.

Meredith stared thoughtly at Dana wearing a face of concern mixed with compassion. Dana just shook her head and smiled. The nurse’s eyes darted between the couple, confused as to his place in the moment.

“Do you need anything before I leave?” Meredith asked as she rotated her shoulders and stood tall.

“Just the same two things I always want when you leave.” With Dana’s words Tachyon was a red and white streak leaving a flurry of medical results and lifted hospital gowns in her wake. The nurse’s exclamation was masked by the sudden woosh that blew through the room.

“Okay then--”The nurse turned toward Dana. He was interrupted by a skidding Tachyon that brushed his elbow with a styrofoam cup of piping hot coffee.

“Thanks, babe. Now be safe.” Dana shouted as she took the cup from a fleeting Tachyon’s hand. She raised her eyes to the nurse as she took her first sip. After a refreshed sigh she asked, “you got a problem?”

“Uh… No. I guess not.” The nurse responded shaking his head clear. He flipped the first page of the clipboard to its proper position. “Your vitals are fine. The damage you sustained is mostly superficial. Most of your open wounds were cauterized by Friction’s heat generation. And, the damage to your ribcage and right arm was only mild bruising.” The nurse said with a smirk and intrigued eyebrow raise.

“Oh, thank goodness for small miracles.” Dana sighed with an eyeroll that could smooth gravel. “I take it I’ll have to stay the night here for ‘observation.’”

The nurse nodded and smiled. “We just need to make sure we didn’t miss anything major, like internal bleeding.” The nurse closed his clipboard and walked toward the door. He turned back and scratched the back of his head. “Um… If it’s not too much to ask…”

“I’ll have her sign a photo for you. Who do you want it made out to?” Dana cut him off taking a quick sip of her beige steaming coffee.

“Jerome.”

“No problem, Jerome. Now go stitch up a gunshot wound or something.” Dana smirked as she waved the nurse away.