Let's Engage in Some Wild Speculation

So, I couldn't help but notice that, for two months in a row, the following item has been included by Paul in his "Current WIP Focus by GTG":

Now, this has been listed after both the RPG and Prime War, which means that it's neither of those things, and we'll be getting something else next year!  Since it would be telling to provide any hints, Paul's not giving any.  And since I got tired speculating solo, I thought I'd post here and we could speculate together…

So, what's it going to be?

• A game based on the comics but taking place prior to the events of the multiverse?  (I could definitely see this.)
  • Something based in a 3rd possible future?  (I doubt it.)
  • A partnership with Handelabra to create an MMORPG?  (Poor MigrantP... he'll never get any sleep.)
  • A Sentinels-branded chess set?  (I would honestly buy that in a heart-beat.)
  • Sentin-opoly?  (Please... never this!)
Who else has any thoughts and/or wild speculation?

There was a video game being shown at Gencon https://www.reddit.com/r/sentinelsmultiverse/comments/6vcgoc/christopher_said_its_a_secret_video_game_for_the/

A Sentinels video game!  If that's what it ends up being, I am SUPER excited.

If there was a Sentinels-branded XCOM style game…oh em gee!

Oh yeah, I'd totally forgotten about that... geez my memory sucks.

I'm still sort of ambivalent, though, like I said in that thread. If it's a turn-based tactical or other turn-based game I'd definitely be interested, but currently it looks more like an action game, which I'd have to pass on. Also the realistic 3D heroes + cartoony 2D environment still looks kinda weird.

(I still also think a turn-based superhero game would stand out as unique in a way an action superhero game wouldn't.)

Did someone say... Sentinels video game!?! I am good. First I say that a sentinels rpg would be cool and we get a sentinels rpg. Then I wonder about a sentinels video game and voila. Sentinels video game. Granted, I never wondered on this forum. Just aloud to myself but still.

I didn't even know that video game thing was a thing.

I'm not sure what to think about that right now.

whaaaat?

So much for my plans to learn how to create video games then make a 2D Sentinels platformer because that's definitely not something GTG will ever do and therefore development time is meaningless :V

I suspect the cool comic related thing might be the Cosmic Contest comic.

Christopher is a fan of the Shining Force games (particularly the second) and i think I stated that he’d love to have a Sentinel Comic game similar to that. So I’m hoping this will be that game.

I still want the game that Guise said was coming out in the fan-made Season 2 trailer, as well as the one with Ronway and Pydro in the bar. 

...Please tell me that this is a real thing and not some late-April Fools joke...

i doubt it's an April fools joke. Adam and Christopher's humor isn't that good. After all, they mostly rely on the same "and then they died" joke for their humor. And also their "other podcast" jokes. 

I don't know, their one April Fools joke was pretty good. https://greaterthangames.com/content/major-announcement

Don't forget the terrible wonderful puns.

(I remember when Christopher revealed he sang barbershop once upon a time, I was like "I really should have realized, considering your love of snappy suits, boaters, and elaborate puns.")

And I'm still made of sad about that announcement not being a real thing.

Well it is a podcast where they tell us lies.   Who knows what the truth really is?  Are Christoper and Adam really people?   Maybe they are like Mavis Beacon and just a corporate image.  Maybe Paul made them up and he just hired crisis actors for conventions and video content?   Maybe reality as we know it is all just an elobrate computer simulation and the only real human minds are we SOTM players and every “game” we play actually controls a galactic conflict in some far off galaxy!?   Maybe Christopher really doesn’t mind being called be a shortened name!?   The possibilities just lead to madness!!!

I would STILL watch the crap outta that.

Yeah, it's a shame that cartoon got cancelled and turned into a chibi knock-off that does nothing but Schlanderize all of the Freedom Five's character quirks. And somehow that ended up being the only thing shown on that network for years.

You joke, but now I want chibi artworks of all the Sentinels characters as much as I wanted animated version art of all of them.

i would watch that, but only if they were drawn the regular way. Legacy looks weird. And the art in general looks like something out of a crappy Saturday morning cartoon without  a plot. Granted, it does prove that Adam can draw anything.