MigrantP visits these islands (currently in Dublin)

Hello there! In a few weeks, migrant programmer and migrant artist will be visiting the UK and Ireland. I hear there are Sentinels players there. Anyone up for a game?

Here's our itinerary so far:

• April 14 - May 15: Edinburgh (with various weekend visits around the area including Glasgow)
  • May 15 - June 12: Birmingham (as above, plus UK Games Expo June 3-5)
  • June 12 - June 19: London
  • June 19 - July 17: Dublin
  • July 17 - August 20: Paris

After that we'll be back to Canada for a while, then returning to our travels.

Let me know if you want to hang out and we'll make some plans!

Hmm, it looks like you're in London the same day (or the day after) I get back from my holiday...well, I shall have to double-check whether I'm getting back on Saturday or Sunday. If I'm getting back on Saturday I can probably get up to London on Sunday for a visit :).

We've had to adjust our timing a little bit so we'll now probably be in London from June 12 -19. We haven't booked that yet though. Hopefully it still can work out!

Not visiting the Peak District? Shame on you! ;)

I'm totally up for meeting, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be at Expo! If you're going anywhere near Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby or other places near me I could travel too...

We'll be in Birmingham for a month and it's close to those places. Definitely can figure something out!

I checked our holiday dates with my sister yesterday and we're getting back on the 12th, so I wouldn't be able to make it for that weekend :(.

I live in Dublin.  We shall play games!  :)  Can fix precise dates closer to the time, unless you want to do it sooner.

I am in Birmingham, where abouts are you going to be? A game of Sentinels would be great!

In Birmingham our place is at Granville St. & Holiday St.

In Dublin we'll be in Portobello on Bloomfield Ave.

Makes sense to organize specific dates closer to when we'll be there.

Haven't heard from any Scottish Sentinels yet!

Great! You are fairly central there so it isn't too far back from the pub!

I'm in Edinburgh right now! Who wants to play Sentinels??

Can anybody understand this? I can't penetrate the accent you've picked up John.

Oooh, the London dates have changed! :D I should be able to make the 18th/19th in that case - it's just a trip up on the train for me, at least to get to central London in the first place. After that it depends where you are specifically in order for me to know a Tube route to get there. Maybe we can schedule that month's meet-up for that weekend?

Cool! We haven't booked a place in London yet but it will likely be somewhere fairly central.

That's cool - it's pretty easy to get anywhere in London fairly quickly via the Tube, especially if it's in central London - even if they close a line or two it's usually easy enough to take an alternative route on a different line without it taking too much longer :). The place we normally have our monthly meet-up is very close to Tower Hill (that's the nearest Tube station, or Fenchurch Street on the overground). I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting around :).

How are you finding Edinburgh? Such a great city!

It's great! We're staying in Leith which is a cool up and coming neighbourhood. Lots of great food and things to do. There are a couple board game cafes in town I need to get round to as well.

Location and itinerary update! We are now in Birmingham, right on a lovely canal and very close to The Cube.

Our travel itinerary is locked down through Paris, so let me know if you are around and would like to play!

Silverleaf since we are relatively nearby, we should figure something out!

MigrantP,

When are you about on the 19th? The monthly Sentinels Day is on the 19th from 12 till around 4 at the Bavarian VBeerkeller near Tower Hill. Would you be able to make it, as you're also in Dublin on the 19th from your itinerary?

Not sure what month you're talking about =)

May 19th (tomorrow) I'm in Birmingham.

June 19th we'll be traveling from London to Dublin so making it to an event on that day would be difficult.