Most Commonly Used Hero Parts Poll

Hey, folks!

I thought it’d be interesting to have a poll where people input what parts (Background, Power Source, Archetype, Personality) they used in their heroes, so that we can see which ones are the most popular. Here are those polls. (Also feel free to input your players’ choices if they’re not on this Forum. I’m not sure, however, if one user can input multiple responses. I guess we’ll find out!)

Please only input characters built using the Constructed or Freeform Methods, because the Guided Method already includes a probability aspect which makes certain outcomes most likely, and this poll is meant to represent what people choose, not what the dice roll for them.

Backgrounds
  • Upper Class
  • Blank Slate
  • Struggling
  • Adventurer
  • Unremarkable
  • Law Enforcement
  • Academic
  • Tragic
  • Performer
  • Military
  • Retired
  • Criminal
  • Medical
  • Anachronistic
  • Exile
  • Former Villain
  • Interstellar
  • Dynasty
  • Otherworldly
  • Created

0 voters

Power Sources
  • Accident
  • Training
  • Genetic
  • Experimentation
  • Mystical
  • Nature
  • Relic
  • Powered Suit
  • Radiation
  • Tech Upgrades
  • Supernatural
  • Artificial Being
  • Cursed
  • Alien
  • Genius
  • Cosmos
  • Extradimensional
  • Unknown
  • Higher Power
  • The Multiverse

0 voters

Archetypes
  • Speedster
  • Shadow
  • Physical Powerhouse
  • Marksman
  • Blaster
  • Close-Quarters Combatant
  • Armoured
  • Flyer
  • Elemental Manipulator
  • Robot/Cyborg
  • Sorcerer
  • Psychic
  • Transporter
  • Minion-Maker
  • Wild Card
  • Form-Changer
  • Gadgeteer
  • Reality-Shaper
  • Divided
  • Modular

0 voters

Personalities
  • Lone Wolf
  • Natural Leader
  • Impulsive
  • Mischievous
  • Sarcastic
  • Distant
  • Stalwart
  • Fast Talking
  • Inquisitive
  • Alluring
  • Stoic
  • Nurturing
  • Analytical
  • Decisive
  • Jovial
  • Cheerful
  • Naive
  • Apathetic
  • Jaded
  • Arrogant

0 voters

1 Like

Having just gone through the lists and determined which elements I have not seen used before, this was really interesting. :smiley:

You can’t vote more than once per poll, fyi. I put in Decisive for personality, but it was tied with Stoic. Analytic, Cheerful, Impulsive and Stoic each got more than one hit.

So I’ve got a pool of 23 heroes currently, mostly my own as my players have primarily rolled to this point. The most diversity was in backgrounds, interestingly enough. Unremarkable was still the runaway winner there, though, with only Struggling, Dynasty, Anachronistic and Black Slate having more than one entry.

Power Sources is kind of a headache for me when creating because I have a whole universe of heroes who all get their powers in one specific way that doesn’t really fit anything in the book. (I really wish Omega was a power source, that would probably map.) So I have to get creative. Accident was the most used there, followed by Cosmos and Training, while two heroes apiece had Genetic, Tech Upgrades or Unknown.

Lastly, Archetype was interesting to me, because it was basically a showdown between Blaster and Close Quarters, with the latter winning out by one hero. Again, only two had more than one hero to their name, those being Psychic and Wild Card. And really, that just comes down to which heroes I’ve gotten around to statting out, because I’ve certainly got more down the line! :slight_smile: Cool poll and post idea, thanks for setting this up!

1 Like

So I can’t vote more than once per poll, which means I can’t give you 100% accurate data here. That being said, I’m going to go with the choice from each that I was most enthusiastic about, rather than sticking to one of my PCs all the way through.