Hello, is this thing on? I think I made my “first” post!
First thing first, I want to be helpful, because it took me a little trial and error to get my account working again! Here’s how to set your password. I primarily view the forums on a mobile device; your mileage may vary.
- Tap the “login” button.
- Enter your email address (or user name, but as Joel’s post explained, some user names had format changes) in the box.
- Tap the link immediately below your email address that says “skip password, send me an email link.” If successful, you’ll see a message that says there was a matching account found and the system sent you an email.
- Go to your email, and CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS! Email from the new forum system defaulted to spam in my Gmail.
- Follow the link; you’ll now be fully logged in to your account. You won’t be prompted for a new password; you have to do that manually.
- Tap your avatar in the upper right corner
- Tap the head-and-shoulders icon
- Tap “preferences”
- On the preferences screen, use the drop-down menu to go to “account”
- Scroll down to find a button that says “password” with an email icon. Tap that. The system will send you an email with a link to reset your password.
- Go check your spam folders again! Follow the link to reset your password and enter a new password.
- You’re good to go! Or, at least, that’s as far as I’ve gotten. We’ll see how good we actually are.
I’ve only looked around the new system a little. I definitely appreciate the fact that it has a mobile-friendly format! But I can immediately tell that I’m going to have to learn a LOT about how to navigate in here. I feel less like I’m in a “place” on a sub-forum, and more like I’m immersed in a firehose stream of posts that I have to apply filters to sift through. I’m sure I will get used to figuring out where the activity is, but I don’t know how yet.
Anyway, here we are in the brave new world!