New Roll20 Character Sheet

Hey everyone who’s using my Roll20 implementation of the character sheet. I wanted to let you know that I just updated the sheet with a couple new features. I had noticed that I never made the sheet compatible with Archetype #19: Divided, so I decided to remedy that.

At the bottom of the Forms/Modes tab, there is now a “Divided Options” section, and it has 3 parts:

• Selecting either of the Forms adds a Toggle to the top of the Abilities Tab to switch between them. This toggle is an arrow that points to the Form you are in, as well as controlling the other 2 features.
  • There is space to fill in dice for 2 separate Personalities. (If you decide to stick with one, just fill them identically)
  • There is a checkbox for Divided characters that roll 2 Powers in one form and 2 Qualities in the other.

That last part doesn’t combine well with the other Forms/Modes options. If someone decides to play a Divided Form-Changer (Why?), or finds another way to use both options, contact me. I’m sure we’ll be able to find a way to make the sheet work for you.

2 Likes

Muerto’s Archetype is Divided: Form-Changer.

LOL. I missed that. Luckily, he doesn’t use the Divided option to use 2 Qualities in Ghost mode & 2 Powers in Technology form, so it’s not going to be a problem putting his character into the sheet.
He also doesn’t use the Divided option to have 2 personalities, so he doesn’t need my new features at all.

1 Like

My aesthetic changes just got merged into Roll20. I’m attempting to make the sheet look even more authentic to the art of the Core book. The biggest change is the Roll Template now shows the dice in the chat, surrounded by the color of your current status.
Enjoy!

3 Likes

cool, Omnicron has my group back on Roll20

are there still any plans to make a “character sheet” or “clip board” tracker for minions and lieutenants? my next arc has a group of distinct lieutenants and while I was able to make a villain sheet for the team with each team member as a power and rolling one die that is a bit clunky

1 Like

I had at one point offered to make a tab to keep track of Minions & LTs, but no-one responded, so I dropped it. I’ve got some free time now though, so I’ll put some work in.

1 Like

thank you. you are great for spending your time to help the community

2 Likes

I have coded it, and it is ready to submit to be merged into roll20. I’d test it with my group first, but since we have access to API scripts, I doubt we will use it. If you have a Roll20 Pro account, I just posted my minion method in Using roll20 for SCRPG - #20 by theDissilent which is a thread for general advice on using Roll20 for SCRPG.

2 Likes

The Changes are live.
There are 2 new tabs. One for Minions & Lieutenants, and one for general note taking.
To make room, I combined Minion-Maker options with Form-Changer options under Auxiliary.

Like I said, my group didn’t playtest this, so if something goes wrong, or you want more added, let me know.

2 Likes

only thing I noticed tooling around for 5 minutes was the sound effect for the die roll booping twice.

I am unable to reproduce that error, so it’s not universal. If it continues to be an issue for anyone, we should try to figure out when it happens, and when it doesn’t.

one other thing, I don’t know code or Roll20 so it might take too long but… you have four cells for filling in dice to make squads could you make it five? Minions often come in groups of [H] and 5 is a common value for [H]

and the double sound effect did not happen today my computer might have been weird earlier

I’ve seen [H] range from 2 to 6. There’s always going to be a bigger group. I figured a squad of 8 was a good number to assume 2 rows would represent. That’s why I made the details collapsible. Collapse one row, and keep the other open, so it visually looks like one squad.
Honestly, 4 is the most I can fit on one line of the roll template without having to redo to image sizes, and that’s the number I want to stick with.

cool, I figured it would either be a quick fix or not worth the time.
I can always group my five as 2 and 3

I will admit my players and I just started and got a bit frustrated too with the lack of ability to track bonuses and penalties. Biggest reason being that roll20 doesn’t have a great method to allow us to pass around cards or other tokens for bonuses and penalties. I may have to design something myself for it and while I can I would admittedly much rather have it on the sheet as the play medium doesn’t allow for the notecard thing.

Edit: I should mention though that other than that the sheet is honestly quite good. I want to make sure that that’s clear as well.

So let me get this straight, D20 has the sheets and stuff to help with the RPG?

online browser virtual tabletop

SCRPG (kcdrez.github.io)

is another online game manager someone made

there is also a discord bot that can do SCRPG dice rolls

1 Like

Apparently Greater than Games put out an official Roll20 character sheet 5 months ago, and I just now noticed it in the Roll20 repository.
I couldn’t find any announcement or forum thread. Does anybody have any helpful info on the subject?