Omnitron V Scenario

We played all 3 scenarios from the book last night.  The heroes were Absolute Zero, Bunker and Wraith. Omnitron dominated so much in all three games we felt like we were doing something wrong. It was never close in all three scenarios.

I've checked the rules and the forums here and on BGG and I haven't seen anyone else posting about this scenario. Most scenario discussions seem to revolve around Baron Blade. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar or or different results in this scenario book.

As far as I can see we followed all the rules.

Scenario 1:  The assimilation is not unlimited, that is a mistake that is easy to make and deadly, Omnitron can't flip multiple markers in a turn.

It is a hard mission, the key is to get to Omni and Incap him as fast as you can, remove either the card that gives him 3 powers or his plating.  He is far less dangerous with only 2 actions a turn.

I've never had too unbalanced a time with Omni's scenarios, can you tell us how Omni won, what he was doing that crushed the heroes?

I had the same problem on scenario two. He got 3 tokens every turn on 5 straight turns. Seems very unbalanced

Can you tell how?  It's hard to respond without specifics.

He put 2 drones out attacked 4 tier buildings got 2 tokens each attack took 3 tokens on 5 straight turns we attacked and only killed 1 drone per turn so we killed 4 drones he had 20 life by turn 3 in second round

Scenario #2 is a tough one, your best course of action is trying to block his line of sight with AZ, using Hazard attacks to stop drones from landing in advantageous areas and using abilities that lower drone attack rolls.

It is almost imposible for heroes to win the second one it they lost the first. (assuming the omnitron player plays well)

AZ, Unity and anyone that can clear out multiple drones with one attack is really strong in that scenario.  I like visionary - Unity quite a lot for that one.

Thanks for the input. I will have my group use more hazard attack heroes