online play?

while I love tactics, it has unfortunately fallen into the dangerous hole of not going over well with my game group (I put the blame on one of the players picking prolitariat twice and a mistake rulling on Aim and automisses from the Omnitron scenario) so I'm looking for other venues to play.  Do people play online and what mediums do they use for it?  I imagine using a site like roll20.net could be for the board.   I'm anxiously looking forward to playing it more.

I've been thinking that it would work on roll20. The only problem might be the map tiles.

But yeah, I'd definitely play it online.

Mistakenly picking Proletariat?  Proletariat is awesome!  Just remember to clone often (start with Share the Burden and the other auto-clone one) and get rid of Share the Burden once you have 3 clones (swap for Overwhelm).  And keep one clone safe at all times.

Yes, but he is not a good pick for a first time play, since he lacked mobility and was stuck at melee range, leaving the player feeling like he couldn't do anything. 

I've thrown together some basic tiles, using color for elevation/cover the other day, I'll post them when I'm off work. 

EDIT:

A bit later than intended, but attached now is a quick screencap of Insula Primalis Tile set in super simple tiles.  The worst was getting them to line up on the grid, I'll admit.  I tried scanning, but it looked really bad.  The colored lines corispond to elevation, with thicker lines for boarders between tiles and different elevations. Black is height 1, Gold is Height 2, brown is height 3 and Grey is Height 4.  Filled tiles are either cover, with green, or lava, with red.  Also, the tiles are transparent, so they can be updated to have the actual tile scans/images placed beneith them.

i wonder if this is something we could adapt into Tabletop Simulator (on Steam)

Probably, it looks ideal for this kind of thing. But that's less accessible, since it's kinda expensive. I can't really afford it anyway…

Sounds like we should totally get it setup for Tabletop Simulator! Yay, no Silverleaf!

:(

Libre los Pantalones!

So before a derailment occurs due to a lack of pants... again... here's a quick and dirty render of the tiles I just modeled tonight for future use in tabletop simulator, for those who have it.  http://youtu.be/kwa4flnpJQw  the texture is just the same as the tiles I made for roll20 thrown on for a guide and for simple looks.

I'm favoring roll20 right now though, as it's easier to work in 2d plus it's free to use.

I rather have the guys at Handelabra make us an iPad app. That would be super fun. Especially since they probably can use the same engine for multiplayer as SotM.

That would be awesome, but it would be a while before they get to that. I'd like something to play in the meantime!

Definitely feel free to tell Handelabra that they should make a Tactics app and that you all would pay for it. :)

Handelabra, you should make a Tactics app and we would all pay for it.

This!

Yes!

(Rook City first though)

I would totally pay for a Tactics App!

>

Handelabra, you should make a Tactics app and we would all pay for it.

If Handelabra made a Tactics app I would buy it day 1. Especially since I hope by that point they can use the same engine for multiplayer as SoTM (once its done) and we can do day one multiplayer

We should make a Tactics app and you all should buy it.

Tease.

:wink: