Painting the GSF ships

I rather enjoy painting miniatures, and wanted to give the ship miniatures some color.  I'm diverting from the ship/character cards, but I'm trying to keep a feel for each of the races, captains, and playstyles of the ships.  

First up: The Vigilance!

I wanted to show how the Vigilance is the kind of ship that can fly through a massive firefight and make it out alive.  She may get a few holes in the process, but she'll make it to port. Any enemy that thinks she is wounded prey is going to get a rough surprise!

She is blue because I like blue.

Marot's Folly

I wanted to give the Folly a bit of glamour.  This is Marot on a winning streak, with money to spend.  But every lucky streak ends, and someday it will be time to run....

Nice job! Really dig Marot's pimp job. *Paint Job.

Very nice.  Vigilance, now with BattleDamage (tm). :)

I started my painting with the two dwarf ships, figuring they'd be the easiest since they're basically monochromatic.  However, I couldn't bring myself to just leave them a single color like that, so I'm experimenting with ways to give them a little more zazz.  The Bjarlspire is looking good (the blue glowing spot on top came out well), but I'm having a devil of a time making the other one look interesting since it's basically just a gray polygon.  Still working through options.

I'll post pix once they're ready.

Speaking of the Bjarlspire...

I wanted the dwarven ships to look distinctive, and very, very metallic.  I use a lot of acryllics, and gave the drive torches on the top and bottom some substance by mixing in a heavy gel medium.  

Far out!