Pen and Paper and Popcorn: my new RPG podcast!

I just recently started recording and publishing my very own podcast, Pen and Paper and Popcorn!

The concept is pretty simple - we take movies (and tv shows and other things), build the world in some RPG or other, and give the main characters to our players*. Then we roll the dice and see how things play out! Sometimes it stays pretty similar to how the movie went, other times it veers off dramatically.

We’ve just finished our game of Hellboy, using Masks as the RPG, and I figured that might appeal to a few of you here! Anyway, if that sounds like fun, check out Pen and Paper and Popcorn, it’s available pretty anywhere people get podcasts.

*Yeah, the concept was inspired by the podcasts Film Reroll and Adventure OSN, which are also great

4 Likes

You’ll let us know when you tackle the MCU/DCU films using the Sentinel Comics RPG, right?

Heck, I’d even be content with a Mystery Men actual play. Nowhere near enough SCRPG content out there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, in the upcoming season we’re running The Avengers in Masks, and an episode of the Batman animated series in Blades In The Dark, which I hope will do something to satisfy the superheroic appetite.

Mystery Men in Sentinels RPG, though, that sounds intriguing…

2 Likes

If Mystery Men (cinematic or the Flaming Carrot original) is too much of an ask, alternate suggestions include DC’s Major Bummer, CN’s Powerpuff Girls (original series only, please), and a Dial M for Monkey/Justice Friends crossover from Dexter’s Lab. I like my heroes quirky. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what a neat frickin’ idea <_<

3 Likes

I’m listening to the Hellboy Masks game right now and the system’s working better for it than I’d have expected. Kind of interesting to hear Masks being used for something with some action in it for a change rather than dwelling on teen angst, even if that’s what the game is meant to do.

Think I’m going have to re-watch the movie though, it’s been so long I can’t recall the original plot or tell where things are diverging.