Playtester Application?

Hello!

So, I’ve recently found myself with some free time, and I was wondering if I might be able to become a playtester for any of GtG’s projects. I’ve never had any experience playtesting, but I do have experience playing games, of course. ; )

I’d suggest reaching out to Chris (Braithwhite) directly.

1 Like

Okay, @Dandolo, will do!

I’ll PM him on these Forums, but does anyone know if there’s a better way to contact him?

I think a PM should work. Otherwise I’m pretty sure there’s an email address listed somewhere or you could try Discord.

I actually do have playtesting experience, since an old buddy of mine has worked for two major game companies. Unfortunately I’d imagine that becoming a >G employee would involve moving to St. Louis, which isn’t something I can do.

Oh, perhaps my notion of what a playtester is is somewhat off-base. I was unaware that it requires living in St. Louis and actually being an employee. I am not able to do the former. Can any playtesters confirm or deny those requirements?

Being a playtester does not require moving to St. Louis, I know that much, as there’s plenty of existing playtesters who do not. I also don’t think they are official employees but that I know less about.

In the past people became playtesters either via buying into it when it was offered during various Kickstarters, or by answering a general call put out for playtesters.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, @Jeysie.

1 Like

Yeah, just to clarify us playtesters are not gtg employees. We’re just volunteers and most of us don’t live in St. Louis.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, @Dandolo!