Post Oblivaeon Spoilers Here Only!

Idle thought I forgot to mention before: Seeing the Virtuosos of the Void art now makes me wonder why Argent is the only Virtuoso with an energy signature (green) that doesn't match his signature color (silver).

Regarding Jeysie's question about the comic book: to be honest, it's very underwhelming unfortunately, which is a shame because everything else about Oblivaeon and the collector's case have massively exceeded my expectations.

It's very, very thin: 16 pages of glossy high quality paper in total, but that count includes the front and back cover (which is just a picture of some Scions), the inside front cover (just a picture of Oblivaeon's head and summary text), 1 page that has no text / 50% just black ink and is just a picture of Oblivaeon standing over a city, and 4 of the pages are taken up by double-page splash screens which contain hardly any text. In short, there's not much in the way of actual storyline content. WalkingTarget, there's no extra content like fake adverts.

In terms of storyline, there's 1 page of Nightmist and Harpy talking about the mist gates, 4 pages covering Freedom Five interacting with Luminary which contains four panels depicting where some of the other heroes are, then 1 page showing the Aeon men attacking Fort Adamant with Void Guard showing up in the final panel. There's no information or storyline developments in it that haven't been covered in the podcast, and it's all very, very superficial. The dialogue is particularly bad, especially in the Nightmist / Harpy interaction which reads like a pastiche of bad comic book writing. The only good thing I can really say is that Adam's art is of a very high standard on most of the panels and the double page splash screens are very cool looking.

Overall it just feels rushed and something that you're going to finish reading in less than 2 minutes and put back in the box.

Spoilery question

Does anyone know why La Comodora is interested in the first human Flight? I have a huge backlog of The Letters Page to listen to (the last 20 or so episodes), is it mentioned in any of them?

It has not been explained yet Matchstickman

I havent seen it yet (fingers crossed with backer number 500 something Ill be in the first batch of collector cases in the US) that seems like a normal comic book to me. Its one of the reasons I rarely buy antyhing other than the trades - i finish standard comics in 5 mins or so, cause I read fast and while the artwork is fun, i don't pay too much attention to it the first time though. - so … seems par for the course for an actual comic book to me! 

Did anyone who received OblivAeon order Art Prints? If so what was on them?

Does the Box have a contents card count? I need to order sleeves... Lots of sleeves....

~Komori

Just wait till you see what we wrote for the video game intros!

I like Stuntman’s interactions with Ambuscde. “How can you possibly show your face, looking like that?”

Hold on, I'll do some counts.

Standard sized cards.

5 Hero decks 41 cards each - 205

5 Environments 15 cards each - 75

Oblivaeon Decks (Oblivaeon, Scion, Aeon Men and Missions) 25 cards each - 100

Shields - 5

Hero Reminder Cards - 5

Battlezone Cards - 2

Stuntman - 41

Benchmark 41

Void Guard - 164

Variants - 11(New heroes)+5(Freedom Five)+5(Xtreme Prime Wardens)+1(Ra)+1(Captain Cosmic)+1(Visionary)=24

If you got the collectors case = 1(Completionist Guise)

Complete Hero Variant Pack = 69

Total Standard Sized sleeves = 732

Without Collectors Case = 731

Without Complete Hero Variant Pack = 663

Without Case or Variant Pack = 662

Oversized Cards

Oblivaeon Booket (Not really sleevable)

Scions - 10

Inevitable Destruction Card - 1

The Scion Reserve Card - 1

Foil Oversized Villain pack - 1 Booklet + 57 cards

Total = 2 Booklets + 69 Cards

Without Foil Villains - 1 Booklet + 12 Cards

Just ONE thing about Oblivaeon :

Chekov's Airdryer, best card name ever

A couple questions about the counts:

• I don't see Sky-Scraper Extremist, Omnitron-U, or Parse Fugue State in your list. Were they not included? That would be five additional cards
  • You list 69 cards in the complete hero variant pack. My expectation was that there would be 67. Which ones am I missing?

(4) Young Legacy, Rook City Wraith, Beard Ra, Redeemer Fanatic

(8) Dark Visionary, Eternal Haka, Freedom 6

(4) Dark Watch

(2) GI Legacy, GI Bunker

(1) Super Scientific Tachyon

(1) Alternate Argent Adept (not Kvothe)

(6) Prime Wardens and KNYFE Rogue Agent

(4) Termination AZ/Bunker/Unity and Santa Guise

(7) Scholar of the Infinite, Hunted Naturalist, Chrono-Ranger: Best of Times, Sentinels: Hero Project

(30) OblivAeon Kickstarter promos, including Completionist Guise

So I think the really big burning question right now is...

has anybody beaten Oblivaeon yet?

(I mean, since it came out. Obviously playtesters have...you know what I mean)

for the record, I don’t recall ever actually winning a game during play testing. 

It was at that moment that Christopher though to ask a question to the playtester.

"OK, could everyone who beat the game at least once raise their hand?"

And nobody moved.

"Hmmmm ... I guess we may have a little balance problem here ... I knew I should have asked that BEFORE the printing!"

Just in case anyone was still wondering if it all fitted in the Collectors Case, here's everything except the non-foil character cards and the foil villains.

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/6210/dXiAIN.jpg

That is a thing of beauty. Thanks for sharing! It help put my mind at ease.

That's also sleeved with Ultra Pro premium clear sleeves, unsleeved or with penny sleeves there'd be a lot more room in there.

Oh, I sleeve. The people I play with can be... unkind to cards. So my main concern was fitting them all in with Ultra Pros.

Ah! So the Collector's case does fit all the cards if they are sleeved, phew! I didn't see anyone asking that question during the kickstarter so I was a little worried...