Price for variant cards?

Hi all,

Digging in my basement I found a box containing a portion of my old SoTM collection. It contains a couple of expansions (Shattered Timelines and Oblivaeon)…and more importantly a bunch of the Kickstarter promo cards (Ra, Horus of Two Horizons Promo Card and similar ones). I would have to do a full check, but I think it has every single promo ever printed.

At the time they were very rare and sought for… but since they did a hero variant collection. There is no gameplay difference, but art is distinct.

Is there a market for those promos? How much do you think they would go for?

I’d suggest checking out ebay. I know the originals were still going for a higher price even with the variant pack available.

I looked into that…but some have outrageous prices (SENTINELS OF THE MULTIVERSE Kvothe Six-String Argent Adept Promo Card | eBay) and others are nowhere to be found (Rook city Wraith for example).

I could slap a similar price and wait until someone desperately needs them…but I doubt it would get much attention

At the very least, the Kvothe promos are still available at their original source as they were a fundraiser thing to begin with.

2 Likes

Which makes the ebay price jacking even more contemptible.

What I wonder most about isn’t the old promos like RC Wraith, it’s the ones that postdate the release of the two variant collections, such as hero Infinitor and Omnitron-U. I know that Adam made an art for the “normal” versions of these, but I have no idea if they were ever even printed, let alone distributed. The first time I saw them announce OU, it was with the art that his* promo version uses, where he’s standing in the kind of hunched position and looking right; the only time I’ve ever seen the art with him staying straight and turning his head was in the video game.

• I know that O-X prefers the pronoun “it”, but using this is a recipe for unintelligible sentences at the best of times, and we’re discussing a piece of card art here, so referring to the picture as “it” and the character as “him” makes for better clarity.

Each new variant introduced in the OblivAeon KS has a version backers received and a version in the collectors edition.

This is the KS version

This is the variant and foil collection version

Oddly enough I had only seen the KS version. May I ask where you got the images from?

Probably the wiki.

Wiki is probably the easiest to see them.