Proletariat/Stealth Bot Clarification at PAX (Now with Errata!)

Coming from a different angle, I think this garments itself to much more versatility than you are giving it with those terms.

Legacy is so far being used as a token generator that can flying smash, but he fits many roles, a stall team can use him really well if they have a sniper, since he can cover and heal.

Dawn even more so, as she has her citizens and powers combined to create a great amount of role versatility.

In my prediction of where this game should be headed meta-wise, is your ban being your most important pick, using it to block the main counter for your options.  After that you grab strong, multi-role heroes that allow your third pick to decide your team's strategy.

For example, Wraith, Unity is a fantastic opener, you can go all out champ-knives, you can go alone wolf with Wraith and frontal assault with swift & chomps, and your third pick will largely decide which approach you take, with more options for some choices.  Add in Dawn for example, and you get a lot of support for either of those styles

Truth with unity and dawn while Wraith and Champ split off is wicked, while luminous plus bot rush is strong, or my favorite, stun bolts, BST, and a turret rush gets really creative.

I think the real strategy is going to be lining up powers in ways people haven't seen, and being able to counter while the other team can't get a good read on you.

I disagree, Legacy is a flex pick. He can do token gen, but he is good at defending allies, and flying smash dealt good damage at pax east. 

I think you guys are missing what I'm saying. Just because you are a flexible/versitile character does not mean you function well as what I'm calling a "Tech" type pick. You are not picking Legacy as a reaction to the other teams picks, nor is he a hard-counter to any other character/common strat. You use your pick on Legacy because it jams well with what you want to do with your team and your strategy and you can build a team around him. 

This is an example of going 2-Core to start. Multi-role heros that can be used in a bunch of different ways, when picked for that purpose of working well together, is Core. If you picked Wraith 3rd because you thought "Hey, maybe I can pick off their Tachyon who's going last in the turn order before she gets off and running", that would essentially be Teching in Wraith because of how and when you picked it. If Wraith was your plan all along and it didn't really matter who the other team picked, Wraith in that sense would have been a Core pick. 

I'm giving terms to underlying reasons why you'd pick a character and how that can apply to general team building.

My only alteration to what you are saying Foote, is that many teams can alter their core with that last pick, letting you counter pick their team with a cohesive team of your own.

Side note:  I'm running champion bot a lot right now, and I am in love with a swift bot to champion bot rush that sets up Tachyon for a wicked opening turn.  Scored 2 incapps on my teams second turn that way.

Next game they banned tach so we champ-turret-BST rushed them with brisk effulgence.  Omnitron was our third, so it was ugly.

Your pick can still work cohesivly with the rest of your team but essentinally still be a Tech pick. It really depends on the when and you you made the pick. Some characters can function well as either Core/Tech picks so the line can be blurred at times. Look at Baron Blade. He can be a solid Core pick. But if the other team picks Legacy, and your next pick after that is Baron Blade, that's a Tech, because it was made with a hard counter in mind instead of purely inter-team strategy.

Maybe these terms are not useful, and thats fair. It's how I approach it from a theory standpoint though. It's merit is up for debate.

This discussion might be my favorite thread to ever appear on this forum.

The terms still work, they just apply better to characters that can't change drastically after selection.

Like you can tech Baron to counter Legacy, but what you are actually doing is teching disruptor to galvanize/presence, and secondarily teching sabre/redistributor to his all adjacent damage.

Not really though. You don't ever need to play Disruptor to keep Legacy from generating tokens. Just the fact that Baron is on the other team forces you to not do that. His mere precense forces Legacy into a much narrower corner and thats what a Tech pick is used for when Drafting.

And I'm just focusing purely on the draft side of things. What happens in-game is not in the scope of what I was focusing on. It's about different ways to approach the draft phase to build a competitive team and how you spend your picks.

I can follow that, it's just less specific than I've seen tech used before.