Publishers’ Note # 10

Christopher and Paul once again as Adam was unavailable

Upcoming Episodes:

• Tuesday, April 6th: Episode #172: Writers’ Room: A Day in the Life — Absolute Zero
  • Tuesday, April 13th: Episode #173: Writers’ Room: Disparation — Citizen Storm vs. The Primal Wardens
  • Tuesday, April 20th: Editor’s Note #45 (?!?!)
  • Tuesday, April 27th: Episode #174: Classic Episode: xxtz’Hulissh

Recording schedule

• Friday, April 2nd: Episode #172: Writers’ Room: A Day in the Life — Absolute Zero
  • Friday, April 9th: Episode #173: Writers’ Room: Disparation — Citizen Storm vs. The Primal Wardens
  • Friday, April 16th: Editor’s Note #45 (?!?!)
  • Friday, April 23rd: Episode #174: Classic Episode: xxtz’Hulissh
1 Like

A lot of fun hearing Paul again. :slight_smile: Here’s to that supposed Editor’s Note happening! I’m sorry we don’t get to see the pirate coat.

Daniel Spaniel’s letter got me thinking about the Humanverse, where most of the characters are the same except all the non-human ones are human, and “Human” is both a legitimate first and last name. So you’ve got the Human Tempest, the Human Sky-Scraper (which are very reasonable hero names, I think you will agree), Human Warlord Voss, Humantron-X, and that tortured would-be villain from the Enclave of the Humans, Deadhuman, later known as Lifehuman. :drooling_face:

Okay, but a one-off comment by Christopher begs a question I’ve been pondering lately: Is Nightmist named after Adam’s sister, as Argent Adept was named after Christopher’s brother?

From the first live Gen Con episode:

Who’s named for real people? Anthony Drake for Christopher’s brother. Paul Parsons for Adam’s brother. Aldred Industries is tied to Paul Bender’s family and Maia Montgomery for his wife. Pete Riske, Eaken-Rubendaal Laboratories, President Hargett, Grand Warlord Voss, and Tyler Vance are named for friends. Vanessa Long is named for Adam’s wife. In general, there’s no connection between the real person and the in-game person or entity (Anthony’s music and Pete being exceptions). There are more examples that are being withheld for privacy reasons.

Edit - Shoot, I got interrupted as I was going through the process of looking this up and copy/pasting it and so forgot to actually check if Faye was even mentioned. facepalm

1 Like

pats WalkingTarget

Side note: Huzzah, we finally got a Writers’ Room featuring AZ!

It’s too bad the Publisher’s Note wasn’t this week – We could have asked Paul about The Ship!

2 Likes

I want to have Paul go through various solutions people had for the ship and how badly they could have gone wrong. Take the Mad Bomber Blade discussion from PN7 (which I loved), and apply it to people asking “why not take the cargo off” or “why not blow it up?”