Quando? Ahora!

I'm aching to get Villains on digital now so all these weird interactions can be defined. :V

Villains La Capitan's card Quando? Ahora! destroys one each of villain and hero ongoings, then plays the top card of the deck whose card was destroyed. Temporal Keelhaul does something similar. My queston is, what happens when there aren't any ongoings to destroy? Say, at the start of the game when no heroes have gone, or on those odd occasions (and they happen!) when all villain ongoings have already been destroyed.

Because the deck targeting is based on the deck whose card was destroyed, I've been playing it that if there's nothing to destroy, there's nothing to play. (The exception of course is the environment deck, because it's named specifically in the card text.) But some part of me keeps thinking the game is a jerk and would cause the players to select a deck, villain or hero, to play from. Upsides and downsides to both approaches, of course, but I wanted to ask the forums, because that's usually a good idea.

(On a side note: I've always been slightly miffed it's not spelled cuando, but then I looked it up, and the q version is an obsolete form of the word. Fitting, since Maria Helena's like 300 years old! :D Well done, Christopher.)

I believe you are playing the card correctly. Though I’m usually too distracted by how great the art is on that card to worry about what it does.

That is the way it should resolve, if no card is destroyed, then no card is played.

That is the way it should resolve.  Mesmerized by the art, no more cards are played.

I agree with Donner and Dondolo. That is why I have the art print from the preorder framed on my wall. Why can't we get those heroes as promos.

As a side not how fast does she age? Normal I assume. I am Excited to see the Art on La Comadora to learn more about her. ( and the void nexus for that matter)