Question of the Day!

Uh…
:unamused:

All of the above?
I love warm drinks – going to get myself some hot chocolate in a couple of minutes, in fact. However, I also appreciate a lot of cold drinks, especially alcoholic (although I really shouldn’t drink them :zipper_mouth_face:). And I almost always have a room-temperature water bottle with me, as I drink a lot of water! :smile:

I actually tried to post an answer to yesterday’s question, but the forum would not allow me to post “ALL THE WOOD!!! :smiley:
:roll_eyes:

ALL THE WOOD!!! :smiley:

Edit: Huh, it allowed me to.

1 Like

I actually prefer beverages at room temperature. If a soda or something tastes better cold, I tend to assume that it just tastes bad, and my taste buds are numbed so I can’t tell. Hot beverages are a rarity, because I don’t want to be bothered with the effort of preparing them; I probably drink cold things more often, because I buy a 20oz bottle out of a refrigerator case, but I would usually like them just as much if I waited four hours to drink them.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: I, too, enjoy both of them.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #61: Speaking of The Naturalist, would you rather have the ability to transform into any non-human animal, or the ability to transform into any human (retaining your intelligence, personality, et cetera in either case)? (Or, I guess if you really want to, you could turn into a plant.)

Any human, for sure. Animals are neat and all, but the ability to become any person is so much more useful in the modern age.

For the kinds of things I prefer doing (e.g., spending time in wilderness), definitely an animal. :smiley:

(When I post just "ALL THE WOOD!!! :smiley: ", I get an error saying “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?” My bet is there’s a setting that the Admins changed for the default users that wasn’t changed for Mods, so I’ll pursue that with them. :confused: )

I’d go with being able to shift into animal forms. The first thing that comes to mind for turning into humans is evil deeds that can be committed. But animals, that’d be bundles of fun.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Argh, I don’t have an answer prepared for this one. I agree with @The_Justifier that human-shifting can have many opportunities to be useful nowadays, but so does animal-shifting, but in different ways! And I agree with @Ronway that human-shifting has great criminal potential, but so does animal-shifting, albeit to a lesser extent. Argh! Indecision! Well, I guess that since “with Great Power comes Great Responsibility” and all that, if I had either of those powers, I’d need to become a superhero. So, in that case, humans, because I don’t want to tread on The Naturalist’s turf.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #62: Speaking of Evil Deeds, what is the Evilest Deed that you can imagine someone commiting?

fjur’s Questions of the Day #63: City or Country?

#62 - Yeah, I ain’t touching that. I don’t want to traumatize anybody’s children.

#63 - City for sure. Preferably like an abandoned fully-robotic City of the Future where I never see anybody else, but even if I end up in Rook City instead of Megalopolis, it’s better than being out in the sticks.

1 Like

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: They both have their advantages. Overall, though, I think it’d be better to live in a city and visit the country than vice versa. Cities have a lot more modern conveniences. If the city is Rook City, though, I’m outta there! Living in your robot-city would be cool, too, @The_Justifier.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #64: You get a free vacation! Where are you going? Tropical island, snow resort, city full of architecture and culture, or somewhere else?

(#62: I’m a TTRPG GM who sometimes feels guilty about the things his villains come up with / do. So I’m not going to publicly share that level of vileness for both my own sanity and that of others… :unamused: :wink: )

A place with few people and amazing history! Something like Machu Picchu would be wonderful. :star_struck: (Although I’d love to go back to New Zealand and see the new/updated Hobbiton, visit a few places we missed last time, and take another horse ride through the countryside! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

I’d spend a winter in New Orleans.

It’s a gruesome job, but someone has to do it!

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: I’d go to an island, if it was a spirit island. ; ) I guess if I have to choose a real place, I might as well go to Hobbiton.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #65: Which season(s) of the year is/are your favourite(s)?

Autumn, by a landslide. Spring is a distant runner up, and I prefer winter over summer, unlike pretty much everyone who lives in my state.

Agreed – Autumn. :+1:t2: In fact, pretty much agree with all of @The_Justifier’s comment. :slight_smile: Summer in Indiana is too hot, but at least in the Winter I can bundle up. :wink:

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Spring, because I like it’s precipitation. Winter as well, for the same reason, but less so. Summer is much too warm for me.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #66: Do you enjoy playing legacy games? (And I don’t mean games about Paul Parsons. ; ))*

*Argh, this really is a problem!

I do, but they can take more of a time investment than I usually prefer and I have concerns with a small mistake becoming a huge challenge further down the line… :confused: (We have a Legacy Betrayal game waiting for all our participants to be fully vax’d so we an start it up again after more than a year… :frowning: )

(And now that we have emojis, again, the emoticon issue a lot easier to deal with! :smiley: )

I’ve never played a legacy game; they seem too much like an obvious cash grab for me to want to get involved with. I can see how the appeal would work, but I hate wasting opportunities, so I’d ideally want a computerized version where you can reverse any of the permanent changes and play any previous stage of the game over again as often as you want. Altering or destroying physical game components in an irreversible way is heresy to me.

Eh, I like my old-school emoticons. B-)

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question:

My thoughts exactly.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #67: Would you rather have complete control over a moose or a bear?