Question of the Day!

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Yeah, an eternity of monotony/boringness seems pretty bad, as do scenarios like these.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #52: What one element of fiction would you most like being in our reality?

fjur’s Questions of the Day #53: Do you enjoy “classic” board games like Monopoly, The Game of Life, et cetera?

Nope. Too much random for me and not enough thought required. I don’t want something with no randomness, either, but most of those games aren’t all that interesting to me. (Not casting shade on folks who enjoy them! :slight_smile: )

Clue is about the only one that I enjoy.

1 Like

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Aye, they are much too random. What is the fun in rolling 2d6 (or spinning a spinner, or drawing a random card, et cetera) and moving that far in a predetermined line?

fjur’s Questions of the Day #54: What was your favourite childhood toy(s)?

I had a glorious Marble Maze when I was a kid, illustrating some kind of amazing fantasy realm with locations like The Lake of Blood and similarly gruesome but awesome stuff (annoyingly, that seems to be the only one I can remember as of now). It’s one of the few things from that far back in my history that I still care about, and wish I still had.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: LEGO.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #55: Who would you rather have on your side for a fight: a Robot, a Wizard, or Setback?

Wizard: I might be able to learn from them. :smiley: (Although Setback would be far more entertaining. :wink: )

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Setback, because Setback is a hero and heroes always win.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #56: A volcano is erupting next to your house. What do you do?

Sit down in my thinking chair and reflect about my life while listening to Taylor Swift.

Oof… :neutral_face:

I’m assuming it’s not a St. Helens type of eruption. (I lived ~70 miles away from it when it blew. :flushed:) Because I and my house will no longer be there. :wink: (Unless we have warning, in which case the below still fits.)

If it’s more of a lava-flowing style of eruption… Pack up and run!!! :scream: Grab everything important I can get in my vehicle and flee. Volcanoes are not something to mess with! (But I would be taking pictures as I go, because how cool would that be‽‽‽ :smiley: )

Embrace the sweet release of death, while hoping that I turn out to secretly have the power of fire absorption that I have always suspected I have but did not dare test for.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: I’m teleporting me and my house outta there!

fjur’s Questions of the Day #57: Who is your favourite musician?

fjur’s Questions of the Day #58: Would you rather be able to speak/read/write et cetera all languages, or instantaneously travel to all countries on Earth?

Understanding all languages is something I’ve voiced a desire for often. I’d much rather be able to understand everything and then have to travel normally than be able to travel instantly and be unable to communicate effectively once there. Plus, I can get a fair amount of use out of the language ability even without traveling extensively. Teleportation is a tempting alternate choice, though, but it depends on the restrictions that your prompt implies. Like, being able to teleport around arbitrarily (say, so that I could attend Gen Con while still sleeping in my own bed every night) would be nice, but the wording implies to me that the power gets me to any country, but then I’m stuck navigating within it on my own.

Yes, that was the intent.

Definitely the language thing, then.

Language thing here too; I’m not that big of a traveler.

Normally I’d say travel, but that constraint limits the usefulness. :confused: But if I could take things with me, it might still be useful to start up an international “shipping” company. :smiley:

I’ll pick knowing all languages. Then I’d get a job as a translator, hopefully getting paid to travel to other countries!