Question of the Day!

I do, but they can take more of a time investment than I usually prefer and I have concerns with a small mistake becoming a huge challenge further down the line… :confused: (We have a Legacy Betrayal game waiting for all our participants to be fully vax’d so we an start it up again after more than a year… :frowning: )

(And now that we have emojis, again, the emoticon issue a lot easier to deal with! :smiley: )

I’ve never played a legacy game; they seem too much like an obvious cash grab for me to want to get involved with. I can see how the appeal would work, but I hate wasting opportunities, so I’d ideally want a computerized version where you can reverse any of the permanent changes and play any previous stage of the game over again as often as you want. Altering or destroying physical game components in an irreversible way is heresy to me.

Eh, I like my old-school emoticons. B-)

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question:

My thoughts exactly.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #67: Would you rather have complete control over a moose or a bear?

Definitely a bear. Not sure what a moose could even do, but it would certainly be less efficient at mauling those who deserve to be mauled.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Moose, so I can be a Moose-Rider!

fjur’s Questions of the Day #68: What one bit of Sci-Fi super-science technology do you most want to be real?

There’s probably a better answer if I think about it, but off the top of my head, I’d have to say that Transporter technology, much as it’s depicted in Star Trek, would be tremendous. I can’t count how many times I’ve been in line of sight of where I wanted to go, but had to walk an incredibly aggravating roundabout distance to get there. As an especial bonus, the technology that makes the Transporter work would probably also give us Replicators, and even without the awesome power systems and computers that they use, we could almost certainly do simple stuff, like de-atomizing our garbage to produce energy and then coalescing some of the resulting energy into simple elements that would be useful in various ways.

Technology that would grant empathy to everyone, that would allow everyone to understand how someone else feels and thinks.

It feels like we’re destroying ourselves and our world by not understanding and respecting others, and we’re likely going to need some help to accomplish it… :frowning:

(I’ll say Transporter tech is likely my next choice! That or the miracle cure for all ailments. :wink: )

I would argue that the ability to understand or respect others is grossly overrated. I probably wouldn’t do it here, though.

Something like a replicator. Where anybody can get whatever they need or want. This would hopefully eliminate poverty, starvation, etc.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Uh, yeah, what @Rabit and @Pydro said.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #68: What one fantastical/mythological/magical creature do you most want to be real?

Dragons, but not like in D&D. More like from Raya and the Last Dragon or Falkor from Neverending Story. :smiley:

Unicorns. I hear their blood isn great for eternity!

Wish-granting genies. Even if they’re the kind that are dicks, who will always try and twist the wording of your wish to give you something totally contrary to your wishes…we have lawyers in this world. SOMEONE would figure out how to word a wish that ends world hunger, or makes interstellar travel a reality, or that kind of thing. And if multiple genies offer multiple wishes to multiple people - well, either someone would wish the human race out of existence, which is already something that we’re one massive nuclear exchange away from accomplishing on our own, or we’d achieve all of our dreams and life would be awesome forever. I’m willing to flip that coin.

I don’t know, @The_Justifier. Sure, we have lawyers who are just as cunning as genies, but chances are someone not as clever as them would get his or her wish twisted in a really bad way first. Plus, some less than altruistic folks could get their hands on one and cause something worse than nuclear armageddon.

My Answer to Yesterday’s Question: Elves. ; )

fjur’s Questions of the Day #69: Are you aware of the UFO-riding, Bigfoot Illuminati-Freemasons who control the world‽

Yeah, I was recently called in to facilitate some discussions they had with the lizard people from the moon… :flushed:

In completely un-related news, I’m going to be pursuing an opportunity to move to Mars next week. :unamused:

Wake up sheeple! Those aren’t Bigfoots in the UFOs, they’re reptilian shapeshifters disguised as Bigfoots! And it’s not the Illuminati-Freemasons, that’s just what Majestic 12 wants you to think!

Huh, there’s a black van pulling up in front of my house. Now some folks in suits are coming out of it towards my front door. They’re knocking. I guess I should go answer that, I wasn’t expecting anyone, though. Be right back.

1 Like

I am back now. I am sorry. I was mistaken before. There are no such creatures or organizations.

fjur’s Questions of the Day #70: What is your favorite part about being a law-abiding citizen that does not suspect that the government is hiding anything?

Fnord.

Boy, that sounds like a blissfully carefree existence. I bet the Cult of Gloom hates it.

Hey guys, I’m actually back now! I escaped those men in black and destroyed that robot that they replaced me with!

fjur’s Questions of the Day #71: Read any good books recently?