I was thinking about prime war and rise of the eenrnd today and made me want to look back and at how long ago I had preordered it. Was roughly January 2015. So at this point it has been 3.33 years since I placed my order.
this has made me reflect on all of the changes in my life over that time:
1) grew my board game collection and grew my interest from a rookie board gamer to a hobbiest ( to the dread of my wife)
2) graduated college with my Ph.D. In physics
3) got a job teaching physics and passing on how much I love the subject to the next generation.
4) had a kid. Been trying to teach him to board game with me but he’s 1 so that is not going well. He has done better with video games however.
5) moved to a different state.
6) met some awesome friends where I moved because of sentinels and get together with them when I can to hang and play games.
6) Trump was elected president. Idk how it will change my life 5 years from now but it has helped me to be more aware in our politics.
7) spirit island: because that game is awesome enough to deserve its own category.
8) Marvel released infinity war after 10 years of build up and force me to wait a year to find out what happens next and has caused me to really want to explore my dreams of writing a sci-fi book in the next few years.
Even though there has been a lot of life changes in all of this, sadly one thing is constant; Prime War is still in development. Hopefully we get some news during Gen Con this year. I can’t wait to play it and see how the game play has improved from flame of freedom
i would also love to hear from others how their lives have changed over the last 3.33 years since the preorder happen.