Ruling - Major Power - Blazing Renewal

Hello there,
Quick question about the quantity ruling. The card says “Target spirit adds 2 of their destroyed presence…”, does the player have to add exactly 2 in order to resolve the card effect successfully or it is also possible with only one presence (the target spirit has only one). Later in text “If any presence was added…” probably answers my question, but strictly looking it would mean 2 or nothing, because for other cards “up to…” was used, so game developers are well aware of the difference between these two formulations.
Thank you for your help.

I think if you only have 1 destroyed presence, you get that, but if you have 2 or more, you can’t just add 1, hence the wording.

I think that’s the case, anyway, I don’t play digital often enough to really be well versed in the nitty-gritty of SI mechanics, so someone can back me up here.

1 Like

Yep, “do as much as you can” applies. If you have only 1 destroyed presence, then you add that. If you have 2 or more, you add 2.

From the rulebook:

GENERAL PRINCIPLE: DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
When resolving a Power’s effects, do as much as you can. If one part does not apply or cannot be done, skip it and do the rest. The only targeting restrictions are those in the target bar.

2 Likes