Sandwich Bag etymology

Recently got to the post OblivAeon Editor’s Note, and imagine my surprise to discover that the sandwich bag is called that specifically as an outgrowth of the Void jelly metaphor??? This is a revelation for which I was simply not prepared. I’m devastated y’all

3 Likes

Embrace the sandwich bag

2 Likes

Embrace it.

3 Likes

Oh I embrace it y’all. I just wasn’t ready for that to be how we specifically got to “sandwich bag.” (While catching up from the beginning I’ve also been listening to new episodes since SCU Catastrophe & Verge, which was definitely starting in the deep end, to be sure, but yeah I’ve been waiting to see where the sandwich bag lingo would come in and I wasn’t ready for that.)

As I recall, there was a lot of food imagery in that episode.

1 Like

I still stan the term “Multiversal Entity Exclusion Zone”.

M.E.E.Z.? C’mon, if you’re gonna try to dethrone the Sandwich Bag with a four-word term, it’s gonna have to at least be a good acronym.

I thought of that; I was mentally equating it to the term “mise en scene” (which, if my understanding of French is not even more flawed than Ansel G. Moreau’s moral compass, is pronounced “meez on cenn”).

Multiverse Excluded Almost* Totally = the MEAT in the sandwich

*“Almost” because, c’mon, something is getting in or out of there sooner or later…

2 Likes

You rang?

3 Likes

Sandwich bags eventually wear a little hole in the corner.

2 Likes