Scrapped Station cards and replenishing Station decks

I've seen in two places that scrapped Station cards go into the Station Scrap with the Opposition side up.  (From official FAQ).  I can see how this would apply to Station cards that get flipped during Aftermath phase, but does this also apply to Station tech cards that are intially Installed on a Strike Force ship and later scrapped through battle damage?

So, eventually these Opposition side up Station cards are going to be dealt out to replenish empty Sector decks.  When one of these Opp face up cards is on the top of the Station deck, when does it go into play?  And if during the Aftermath phase an Opp side up Station card is flipped to the SF side because of the action of an unengaged Opp ship, how is that then put into play (per the rules to flip a station card and put it into play)?

Whenever you deal cards to a Station deck from the Station Scrap, you put them SF side up.

So where the heck is that in the rules?  I've seen in the forums that you're to scrap them Opp side up (haven't yet found that in the rules), and the rule book states you put the undealt Station cards essentially in the scrap withthe Opp side up, but nowhere do I see anything about replenishing them SF side up.  Why even make a point to discard them Opp side up if you're just going to flip them SF side up when you replenish.  Why not just scrap them SF side up and be done with it?

I agree this whole part of the rules is pretty weak.

I don't think it matters what side is up in the scrap. Just make sure you shuffle every time you replenish.

I haven't seen any cards that care about the scrap, e.g. the top card or anything, but I could be wrong.

I discarded to the top of the deck, orange side up, and then drew from the bottom, flipping the card as i played it.

EDIT: Looking back at the rules, I see it DOES say to reshuffle each time.