Scrapping and recycling questions

I didn't see this in the rulebook so I thought I would ask.

If you get attacked and your attack or defense renders one of the Tech upgrades (the ones on the side of your ship) useless, does that card go to your discard pile or are those cards permanently fixated on there till the end of the game? In my mind I think if their value is gone, then they are discarded, but I don't know. Any ideas?

They are scrapped: perform any scrap effects, and, put them in the appropriate pile. If it was Tech from a Station card, ig oes on top of the Station scrap, Opp side up. If it was a Tech from a starting card of an SF deck, it is essentially removed from the game, and goes to a scrap with all the other SF cards.

So decks dont get reshuffled?

No. If you play an SF Boost from their starting deck, it goes to the bottom of your deck. This is called recycling. When you requisition cards, they go on the bottom of your deck. There is no discard pile.

When an Opp Ship Deck card or Mission card is scrapped, it goes to the bottom of those decks. No discard pile.

The only scrap (I.e. discard pile) is for Station cards. Once a Station card is scrapped, it goes to the top of the Station Scrap, Opp side up. When a Station deck runs out, you shuffle the Station Scrap, and deal five cards for a new Station deck.

Edited title to be related to content and split off separate, unrelated question.

I know there are going to be a lot of questions on GSF for a little while, so we're not going to be able to have just one question per thread with clear thread titles, but hopefully we'll eventually get there. For now, we'll just have to manage it as we go along…