Next MEETINGs: 

• Sat, May 7, 10am
  • CANCELED Sat, May 28, 10am
  • Sat, July 9, 10am
  • Sat, August 20, 10am

Take the poll to let us know you're interested and when you'd be available:

• (For May-Aug 2016) http://doodle.com/poll/5gtfcee9dbise328

We meet at City Market

BRING YOUR COPY OF THE GAME. I'd rather have too many than not enough.

Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rS3MH6bRVsU_2KL80f6kqUxyj78UNen45gPo_C2Mc-o/edit?usp=sharing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone interested in forming a Sentinel Tactics league in Indianapolis?

The league would hold unofficial tournaments and use an ongoing ranking system.

I'm thinking that we would hold 3 on 3 skirmishes and that we would have a single person control all three characters. The reason that we'd have just one person control all of the characters for a side is mostly for practical purposes -- I think it unlikely that we'll have enough interest to form enough teams for a league.

I think the games would need to be self-judged. We'd have to come up with some way to settle disputes, if the rules and Spiff's FAQ were not enough. Perhaps a coin toss.

If there's at least half a dozen people who express interest, I'll move on to determining when and where we'll play and how we'll do rankings. If interested, please respond and please also note how often you think you might like to play. I'm thinking once a month would be good.

You could have each game require three participants: Two players and one judge. The three positions could rotate, so you get in three games and each person plays two and judges one. 

I'd be game, at least for the spring and summer. 

I'm up for it, as long as I can make the times and locations.

I'd definitely be interested, and I might be able to recruit a couple others.

I envision meeting on a Saturday, starting late morning and going to late afternoon. 

Players would be matched at random at first and by ranking later on. We'd simply play as many games as we have time for. We'd have to figure out what map to play on.

Ideally, we'd find a place with plenty of tables and comfortable chairs, good lighting, free parking, and ready access to food and drink where we could play without being disturbed by others or disturbing others. For myself, I'd also like to be able to bike there from downtown.

Best place I can think of is the Lockerbie Pub, where we used to meet for Sentinels. It only scores moderately well on some of those criteria. It opens at 11am.

How about Sat May 16th, Lockerbie Pub at 11am?

Count me in. I'll bring my copy of Tactics.

I could not do the 16th.  That is my weekend with my son, but I could do the Saturday before or the Saturday after.

OK. Who else can/cannot make Sat May 23rd?

23rd is good for me.  I think, in general, a first or fourth Saturday would do well for me.  It also puts me close to my friends so I can meet him for Saturday night gaming.  I'll just have to figure out how this will affect Race Day for me.

I could make the 16th, but I'll have to see about the 23rd, I'm not sure.

Welcome to the forums!

:grin:  Thanks! I'm really hoping that I can come down for these.

I can do either the 23rd or the 16th. 

Executive decision time. We're going to meet on May 23rd at Lockerbie Pub at 11am. Everybody who's got a game, please bring it. I'd rather have more than we need than fewer.

Expected attendees at this point:

Me, Bharyn (and friends?), TheJayMan, Metlarcturus, Cropcircles (maybe)

The more the merrier. Please give a shout if you're planning to join us.

Andy, sounds like fun. I am free the 23rd, and will be there.

Also, kudos at getting me to post in the forum!

Whoa! Look at that stranger!

Yay!

When we meet, what board should we use for our matches?

I'm thinking it would be fun if we settled on a particular configuration that all matches that day used, though I'm open to doing it differently.

I figure we'll change the board we use for each meetup.

If we want to simply assign someone the task of coming up with an arrangement of tiles for a particular meetup, I don't mind having the responsibility, but am also happy to defer to others.

Do we want to come up with a custom arrangement or use a set up from the comic books?