Sentinel Tactics Tournament PAX East 2015 Videos

The videos from the tournament are up! There is some exciting stuff here. I'm pretty certain Gen Con is going to blow everyone's socks off.

So much for sleeping tonight.

Same here

I've been watching the videos in order and it looks like one is uploaded in the incorrect sequence, or has the wrong name.

This one says it's Round 4, but it actually seems to be the second semi-final match between Ocelot Attack and Spin the Dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfdgR_7VoJ4

Ugh. Thanks. I have to watch the videos to figure out what they are, since I didn't get to see them in person. Looks like I may have misjudged one.

I saw that one as well, left comments on the semi-final youtube video... didn't think to post here...

I really hope they institute the chess style time clock for the final tournament at Gen Con, it would really suck to have a winner exploiting the time limit.

If Ocelot attack had just continued their normal pace they would have beaten Spin the Dragon, and with money on the line someone is going to figure that out.

A team time limit is perfect, and needs to happen, and it removes the need for the tie breakers and the overall match time limit, which will let the game flow better.

A great way to do it, and not get into turn stall tactics by an opponent with a clock advantage would be the mist storm coming from both sides, and have each side move by that teams time taken, so that as the match moves everyone is forced to the center.

Double super awesome mode would be if somehow the match at extremely short time remaining would end up just the volcano tile until someone won.

I would also love to see next year's season have a special bonus card for people that play in tournaments, and wouldn't be available until after the season any other way, anyone who entered would get one, it would be awesome.

An alternate character card would be super, especially if it was an underused character, like Visionary or AZ.

Hmm. I don't care for the idea of rewards like that for being in a tournament. Seems unfair to those of us who can't get to the places where tournaments are by virtue of living thousands of miles away.

Or those of us who can't be in a tournament because we're helping host said tournament.

+1

They could still be attainable other ways, just not until after that season ended.  It would be something cool for being in a tournament, and would be small enough that they could ship a pack to people hosting non-official tournaments.  So you wouldn't have to make an official tournament, you could host your own.

I could see giving a tournament winner something special like that but not just everyone who joins it.  In addition to distance or helping to host the game , GtG has a finite amount of teams they let in so even someone local or finding out about the tournament at the con might still miss out.

I would vote no on the special cards unless they set up something where you can host local tournaments so players that can't make it to one of the Pax or Gen con don't miss out. 

I'm not the only one who thought they were being shady by taking their time am I?

I don't think they were intentional, because they sped up at the ten minute mark, which cost them the game.

In talking to folks at the tournaments I've been involved with, I've found those situations that appeared to be someone purposefully delaying were not - it just looks like it.

I think they just didn't know the game well and wanted to analyze everything.

100% correct

The problem will come when someone really does do it intentionally, with the only way to deal with it right now would be to suddenly change the rules of the tournament, unless there are rules I'm unaware of.

+2

Yes, a chess-style turn clock is needed, IMO.