Sentinels of the Movieverse

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this and I ask that any moderator who comes upon this thread move it to the proper place if it isn't in the correct place. Anyway I recently sent in a question to Adam and Christopher about wether or not there are movies based off of the sentinel comics comic books in the fictional universe in which the sentinel comics comics are published. So I was thinking about prospective sentinels movies and I got into a sort of marvel esque thinking with a bunch of phases. So here's what I was thinking.

phase 1 - freedom five stuff

The Indestructible bunker - a movie about bunkers war time probably mostly featuring generic enemy solider villains since most of bunkers villains don't really work well as main villains (well, except for choke point but she doesn't feel right in this movie).

The Wraith - tells the story of the wraith and features both ermine and spite with spite being the main villain and ermine being just a bad guy who shows up in the beginning.

Americas Greatest Legacy - actually tells the story of the formation of the freedom four but is titled after legacy because he's the most prominently featured and the freedom four don't appear until the end in wich they attack baron blade's mobile defense platform. Is more or less an expanded reselling of freedom four annual #1.

Freedom Five - tells the story of the freedom five Vs Omnitron I. Adds absolute zero to the mix.

Absolute Zero - not sure how this would go as absolute has a similar problem to bunker regarding nemeses but I think an absolute zero film would be *puts on sunglasses* cool. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

phase 2

tempest - all about tempest going to earth and growing accustomed to it. Would also feature F.I.L.T.E.R and Paige Huntley pre-K.N.Y.F.E. 

K.N.Y.F.E - would feature sergeant steel as a prominent villain.

Freedom Five: Alien Invasion - tells the story of grand warlord Voss's invasion with tempest featured as a prominent role.

Unity - would introduce unity to the Movieverse.

Haka - would feature Haka and his origin story.

Bunker: Termi-nation - tells the story of the termi-nation event.

thats all I have for now. What do you guys think. What would your version if a Movieverse be?

In the Live At GenCon Letters Page episode, they mentioned that there was a few crappy live-action movies, and then it was a series of animated movies and TV shows that became the "Sentinels Cinematic Universe".

There was a pretty lively discussion in Twitch some time back about fantasy casting for Sentinels movies; I'd be kind of interested what live action and voice actors the forum goers would want to see.

I admit I kind of just shunted the unity movie into my Movieverse because I wanted to have a movie introducing unity before termi-nation.

I don't recall whether I put anything in at the time or not. However, here are some off-the-cuff answers:

• Ivan Ramonat, voiced by Tim Curry
  • John Rhodes, voiced by Simon Vance
  • Omnitron, voiced by Frank Welker
  • Meredith Stinson, voiced by Marguerite Gavin
  • Maia Montgomery, voiced by Kim Staunton
  • Devra Caspit, voiced by Katherine Kellgren
  • Hugh Lowsley, voiced by John Keating
  • Dana Bertrand, voiced by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • Amanda Cohen, voiced by January LaVoy
  • Tyler Vance, voiced by William Dufris  (actually, in an ideal world, I'd have him voiced by Simon Vance again)
  • Pete Riske, voiced by Eric Michael Summerer
  • Paul Parsons VIII, voiced by Rob Inglis
  • Harry "Slim" Walker, voiced by Nick Podehl
  • Aata  Wakarewarewa, voiced by James Marsters
  • Grand Warlord Voss, voiced by Michael Page
  • Ryan Frost, voiced by Wil Wheaton
  • M'kk D'll't'n, voiced by Bruce Boxleitner

Incidentally, everybody I've mentioned up there does real voice acting work with the possible exception of Boxleitner.

Mostly Boxleitner's just reprised Tron/Alan Bradley in games or cartoons (although it is still kinda notable for a live actor to be willing to do that versus getting a sound-alike for animated stuff), but he also voiced a major character in Spec Ops: The Line of all things.

Then he qualifies. Everybody else I mentioned does some combination of voice acting/audiobook narration.

I think I'd like to see Jennifer Hale as the voice of Citizen Dawn, and maybe Grey DeLisle as Kismet. They both have the right kinds of scary!

I’d much rather see Haka voiced by someone of Maori descent. I mean, we just saw Temuera Morrison and Dwayne Johnson voice animated Maori characters, and they were pretty awesome at it.

I would be completely on board with Haka being voiced by somebody of Maori descent. I just wasn't able to name anybody off-hand who  both  was Maori-descended and did voice acting.

Under that circumstance, I'd probably move Marsters voicing to Chairman Pike.

As admittedly cliche a suggestion it is, Neil Patrick Harris would make a pretty good Anthony Drake.

I also feel inspired by Planescape Torment and think John De Lancie would make a good Apostate.

(And continue to lament the loss of the awesome Tony Jay.)

Any musical role could be filled by NPH.

Case in point, the Music Meister episode of Batman: the Brave and the Bold.

Indeed, though it helps that Anthony is also already established as both a fairly even-tempered and polite guy and a tenor.

More lineup idea stuff

phase 3

Fanatic - tells the story of fanatic and apostate

RA - the story of... RA!!!

captain cosmic - tells the story of captain cosmic and his brother infinitor.  

Freedom Five: Vengance - tells the story of Vengance. 

Absolute zero 2 - no honest idea with this one actually.

Iron Legacy - standalone film about the iron legacy timeline. Or a legacy film where legacy travels to iron legacy timeline. Not really sure

So who would play chrono ranger?

Rob Wiethoff

Sam Elliot, of course.

Sam Elliott can’t play Chrono Ranger; he has to play Sheriff Pratt!

Viggo Mortensen, however…

Sam Elliott for Sheriff Pratt & Kurt Russell for Chrono Ranger

I feel like at least one person would be played by Nicholas cage in a live action version.

Nicolas Cage should play Setback. :V