Sentinels of the Multiverse fan art!

Impressive work on Omnitron-X, guy.

Seeing new fan art has reminded me to post up the last of my nemesis icon perler creations.  I finished these a few months ago but it kept slipping my mind.  So, here they are!  The Sentinels, Captain Cosmic, and Guise!  I'm halfheartedly attempting Skyscraper, but I don't think it will turn out very well due to size and color constraints.

Yeah, Maniac0013s' image is not loading for me, either.

I can see it fine*, but it can also be viewed here

*and it's awesome!

Though it is a little known fact, Sentinels Comics once partnered with up-and-coming game company Accuire to make a series of 8-bit games on various characters from their multiverse.  One of the games, simply titled Legacy, allowed the player to run around Megalopolis taking down burglars, bank robbers, and street thugs using Legacy's various abilities.  You could inspire police (or fellow Freedom Four members, on occasion) to boost their abilities in combat, throw enemies at one another with super strength, become outright immune to melee or projectile based attacks (depending on which power-up you collected), become temporarily invulnerable, and even take flight for later missions when you battle through henchmen to reach the real villain: Baron Blade.  The game's final battle took place on Blade's Mobile Defense Platform against the Baron in a mech that was very reminescent of the suit later used in the Moonfall arc of the comics!

Sadly, the project ultimately didn't make it to market.  Accuire's resources ran dry due to game delays, poor communication, and extensive redesigns.  Apparently the designers (split between three levels of a ten story office building) did not know which character their game would be about.  One level thought the game would be about a character known as Sunman, a new character.  Another floor thought the protagonist was a garishly colored prettyboy simply named Superman, supposedly from a "Detective Comics"!  The spritework was a mess, and even when the developers worked 80+ hours a week for the final month practically living out of their cubicles the game wasn't completed.  They managed to scrape their assets together to release the Sunman portions, and there are even a few Superman cartridges out there.  But sadly, the game that was meant to be Legacy never managed to be released.  After that, and the company taking a huge hit from poor investments in Aldred Industries, Accuire shut down its studio.  They say there's still a few reference materials for various other characters in the Sentinels Multiverse scattered about, but none have been recovered.

This design was recently discovered from a cartridge in a basement located in Centennial, CO.  Though the game consistently freezes past anything more than the title screen, a friend managed to retrieve the sprites for me to replicate in Perler beads.  It can't quite capture the majesty of Legacy flying above the cityscape of Megalopolis, punching out the Baron's high-flying henchmen, but it does give us a small preview of what could have been.

[Reference material here and here]

Lookin' good!

Awesome stuff, Reckless! :grin:

The classic Sega Genesis game Streets of Rage (Bare Knuckle in Japan) follows the story of officers Adam, Axel, and Blaze fighting their way through waves of henchmen and underbosses of the villainous Mr. X's crime syndicate to restore peace to their city.  It spawned two sequels, three short comics in the back of Archie's Sonic the Comic (with the first two written by Mark Millar, author of Kick-Ass, Wanted, Marve's The Ultimates, etc.), and an homage in Saint's Row IV in the retro mission "Saints of Rage".  The game series is beloved by gamers everywhere for its impressive graphics, smooth gameplay, and experimental soundtracks.  It's hard to imagine the gaming world without it.

Good or ill, that almost happened.

Sega let its "Genesis does what Nintendont" reputation go to its head.  The first entry in the series, Streets of Rage (Bare Knuckle: Furious Iron Fist in Japan) was originally titled Bloody Knuckles:  Furious Black Fist.  In this game Black Fist fought through The Organization's various henchmen with each level ending with one of The Chairman's Underbosses.  Though he couldn't utilize his signature styles from the comics (the programmers instead programmed a signature move from each of his styles into the game) Black Fist could find Toolbox Power-Ups while wandering the streets of Rook City that would grant him a random weapon.  These would modify damage, range, and combo length but, if dropped, could be picked up and used by Thugs.  The final level involved an Underboss rush, followed by his personal bodyguard, a nameless woman with unique weapons of her own (a tonfa and blade), and eventually concluded by the reveal of The Chairman's true identity, Graham Pike of Pike Industries.  After a dip in one of his Pike Industrial Complex vats, Pike emerges as a musclebound hulk (with his suit still in remarkable condition) and fights Fist with a combination of brute force and chemical explosions.  After dealing the final blow, Black Fist apprehends Pike in a cutscene alongside a cameo appearance from and The Wraith.

The game featured a limited amount of replayability.  After beating the game, a two-player mode was unlocked.  The second player would control The Chairman's bodyguard, though her gameplay was little more than a palette swap of Black Fist.  In addition the difficulty of the game wasn't increased in the multiplayer mode so unlocking it was little more than a bragging right.

This would've been quite the impressive game if not for the fact that Sega hadn't been allowed the use of Black Fist by Sentinels Comics.  Though Sega developed a moderately successful game based off of The Wraith, they had misunderstood their contract with Sentinels Comics and wrongly assumed they had access to all of Rook City's costumed heroes.  Unimpressed by the beat-'em-up aspects and finding combo complexity to be lacking, they were further frustrated by the liberties taken by Sega with Black Fist's continuity.  Sega planned on having Black Fist's nephew, Adam Hunter, be the protagonist of subsequent games and had lined up a number of sequels starring him that had little to do with Black Fist, The Organization, or Rook City.  Feeling Sega was using their character as little more than a springboard for a new series, Sentinels Comics didn't grant them permission to release the game with Black Fist.  Bloody Knuckle:  Furious Black Fist became Bare Knuckle: Furious Iron Fist, The Chairman became Mr. X, and any reference to Rook City or The Organization were removed from the game.  Adam became a playable character alongside Blaze, a modified sprite of Pike's nameless bodyguard, and Axel, a new character who later became the star of the series.  The game allowed multiplayer from the get-go, and went on to be quite successful despite no longer being associated with Sentinels Comics or Black Fist.

However, some initial copies of the game featured Black Fist as a bonus character.  If the players managed to use every item and weapon in every level and beat Mr. X while using every move in the game, Black Fist could be selected as a playable character on subsequent playthroughs.  Though the weapon system of the game had been overhauled, they did reference Bloody Knuckle by changing the bottle weapon into Black Fist's pipe wrench when he was selected as a character.

I was really thrilled to discover this since Streets of Rage is one of my favorite games!  My copy came on a Sega Six-Pack, sadly, so I didn't have access to Black Fist/Mister Fixer as a playable character.  Fortunately I dug up a copy at a garage sale a few days ago and (after a marathon fueled by nostalgia, caffeine, and tenacity) managed to unlock him and replicate the sprite (with pipe wrench) in perler beads!

If you would like to compare Black Fist and his pipe wrench sprite to others used in-game, just reference here, here, here, and here.

Here is my fanart of Aata the Bold (A.K.A. Haka the Savage). I always thought that when he was a chief he was muscular, but not as obviously so as he is when he met the Freedom Five. (There was also a little bit of inspiration from DLC Costume and their awesome fanart of Haka.)

![](upload://uwDPXzqsXrIUVtZXT9SpJE4iA1W.jpeg)

Tried my hand at a digital painting emulating a watercolor

![](upload://ha34r4MjvUM3GL0CmHel4xTZuwg.jpeg)

Totally awesome.

That is great, Maniac0013s! Thanks for sharing!

It's hard to stay calm when your people died for a man who just wanted power. It's hard to stand by when when you see him about to do it again. 

This is my fanart of Tempest about to go into a fight. 

![](upload://dKEuywCFJC27H2TNqQSnWIPikIk.jpeg)

Nice!

Do Tachyon next! I command you as your leader!

Please?

Here ya go

Gotta go fast!

AWESOME!!!

i was told to register on these here forums and post some fan art that i done did, so im done doing it (also, hi)

Hi.

Also WOW!

Welcome to the forum!

And I concur: WOW! :open_mouth: That's great stuff!