Sentinels of the Tooniverse

The other night, I had a dream that I was watching a “Sentinels of the Multiverse” cartoon, in the style of the late 80s / early 90s. Which, of course, meant that the original source material was ignored at will, but hey, that goes well with the shenanigans of a multiverse, right? Here’s the best I can remember and can reconstruct from the nonsense of a dream:

Unity was riding in a vehicle of some sort; I think she was in a school bus, on a field trip. As it drove along, she looked out the window and saw a villain (not sure who it was supposed to be), on foot, headed the same direction. Using some sort of communication device, she called the Freedom Five for backup, but knew that she needed to take action.

Suddenly, she was on foot, ready to go to battle. But Baron Blade was also there (alongside the other mystery villain), in his battle armor. Unity threw something at the Baron, which seemed like a Spider-Tracer but was probably a spider-bot. It landed on him, climbed onto his back, and then suddenly took control of the armor. And the armor transformed into a cheesy armored vehicle, kind of tank-like, in the Baron’s colors. He yelled in frustration as Unity controlled it like a remote-controlled car, and blasted the other villain.

Sadly, that’s as much as I got out of that “episode”.

5 Likes

That is great. :smiley:

Earlier this week, I finally listened to the Unity episode of The Letters Page, and boy, was I surprised! Either my dream was an incredible coincidence, or I had somehow heard about the cartoon but don’t remember.

4 Likes