Sneak Peek at the upcoming update...

Do you folks like surprises?

How about knowing things before other people do?

What about hints at things with incomplete information?

Do I know you forumites, or what?

*smoke bombs*

Omg, that's awesome.  I love that arc from Penny Arcade.  WOOT!

I'm missing something. Can you elaborate veggie man?

This might help!

The Penny Arcade tie-in misses me completely, not having heard of any of it before, but that card redesign is wicked.  Extremely, extremely pleased with it.

I agree with Spiff. That template redesign is very nice to the eyes. I like it 200% better than the one shown on the front of the KS page.

Edit: This was an awesome update! I whish it came sooner though. I do think the the redesign and the crossover could potentially lead a nice surge in backers today (myself included in that company). Heres to hoping for 75k!!!

I've heard of Penny Arcade. I know it's some kind of online...weblog...or comic strip...or something...which has been around for ages and is generally pretty well-known. That's as far as my knowledge of it goes. But other than that, I agree that the card design does look really cool! :D

When I first saw it I thought it may be a robotic slenderman with eyes.

Yay! The Automata arc was one of my favorites.

Rules question about the new cards:

Broodax: "(T) Move this ship to the sector with the fewest Strike Force ships.  It gains 1W."

Does it work like it does in SotM, where a sector with zero SF ships will be the lowest, or does it have to be the lowest chosen from among sectors that actually have SF ships in them?  Also, I'm assuming that in the case of ties, the players would choose where they want the ship to move, and that if they decide that it will stay in its current sector (assuming it's either the lowest or tied for lowest), it would still gain the +1W.

Swangee: "(A) You may discard a card.  If you do, switch the W and D of a non-flagship Opposition ship in this sector."

Because it doesn't mention it, I'm assuming this switch is permanent.  Could you discard more than one card to do this to more than one ship?

It would have to be permanent, because it happens in the Aftermath phase. It's interesting, all right. I'm not sure how often people are going to have cards left in hand during the Aftermath phase (though bad reputation would be a candidate).

There are a few times you have a boost that you may not want to play that round, or even a tech you didn't want to install quite yet. Also there is always saving a card for the Aftermath phase just to use this ability.

You can only use the ability on the tech once if i'm not mistaken. I'm about 85% sure i'm correct.

The fewest Strike Force ships could be a sector with no Strike Force Ships in it. If there are 2 sectors with no Strike Force Ships it will move to 1 of theose 2 player choice. The point of it it to help overrun sectors and try to avoid the Strike Force. Making the Striek Force have to chase after it before it gets too nasty.

If I understand things correctly the Strike Force gets to move after it moves, right?

That is correct.

Who wants to go post this update in the Penny Arcade tabletop gaming forum? I don't much care to interact with the people there, due to previous XBox Live style experiences, but surely someone has an account there to spread the word. :-)

The flavor text seems to be hard cause of the background. Otherwise looks pretty cool.