SotM Event #12: GtG's Global Friend Network

Something a little different for this event. The goal here is to have GtG mail an SotM card around the world, by stopping at as many fans as possible. if you would be interested in being one of the stops, reply below with the city you are in. Once we get a lot of people, we can start working on the logistics.

All the data in one place.

I'm in Indianapolis, IN, USA. I'd love to be a part of this.

I'll take part.  I'm in Philadelphia, PA.

Pittsburgh is onboard!  I'm cool mailing internationally too if we get a Eastern Hemisphere chain going.

What card should we send?

I'll volunteer my RC Wraith if we don't have a more clever option.

My address is a little weird. Technically, I’m in Tsushima City on the Island of Tsushima, but Tsushima city is made up of small villages and towns that are pretty far from each other. Either way, the island of Tsushima is willing to give its support.

Team Leader Tachyon has her little global wrist display going.  :bulb:

Suburb of Chicago here.

We could have multiple people in the same city if we have more volunteers.

I'm in!

Sydney, Australia!

Cool idea. I'm in Chicago. Question is, what are we doing with the card? Just forwarding it on or should we take pictures with it in front of a landmark or sign it or something?

Why the heck not, sign me up for Kansas!

I was thinking something, but wasn’t sure what? Let’s start the discussion!

I won't be taking any pictures with it, but I could certainly sign it. Depending on how many people join in though, we may want to attach a sheet of paper instead, having all the folks sign that!

That would be cool.

Maybe we could make a little fake passport for the card and cut the postmark off the envelope as it arrives and put it in as the visa stamp for each place the card visits.

Chalk up another one for Philly 

Well I suppose it could come to me in Chesterfield, England. 

I'm in either Cambridge or London, England, depending on the time of year. Probably London by the time this comes to fruition.

Me, too!

Just to help collect the data, I put everything so far into a spreadsheet. I want to leave this open for a bit to see if we can get more people.

We still have to figure out what card to send. Maybe GtG will let us use an unreleased promo.  :slightly_smiling_face:

I've added myself on that spreadsheet thingy (I hope). Also happy to spring for intercontinental postage.