SotM Puzzle: Baron Blade in one round

Twist the Ether turns it fire so it can take Imbued Fire's bonus, yeah?

What TakeWalker said. Twist the Ether changes it to Fire (and increases it by 1 as well) so it gets an extra +1. The self damage is not changed to Fire (and set to decrease by 1, though it's irreducible) so it does not get that extra +1 and does not kill itself.

Ah yeah, missed the Twist!

Pissed, he hissed, "Missed the Twist!" shaking his fist, curving his wrist and… you get the gist.

Hmmm … Can Twist the Ether decrease irreducible damage?!

I feel like I'm missing something about how this is working. Doesn't Wrest the Mind require the Skunk Ape to hit itself for three damage each time it's redirected?

BTW, all of these are really cool. This has been fun to read.

Wrest the Mind has Visionary deal the damage, but Vis can't deal damage to to Wraith Throat Jabing her.

No it can't. That's why Compulsion Cannister still does 2 self damage.  LewdDolphin21 has it right.

The point is to choose "reduce damage by 1" whether the damage is reduced by 1 or not, you just don't want to choose "increase damage by 1" as that will kill the Skunkape.

But couldn't Wrest the Mind redirect the Compulsion Cannister damage, too?  Won't change the end result but keeps the skunk ape healthier and kills the Baron faster.

That is a very fair point! You could then put both the Aggression Modulators on the Skunk Ape safely, for a slightly faster kill too.

Ah! thanks

As mentioned here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1681100/near-auto-win-freedom-five-wraith-and-guise-combo) there is a F5 Wraith/Guise combo which allows Guise to have infinite card plays at the end of the environment turn.

Have Argent Adept use Counterpoint Bulwark to given Wraith and Guise one damage reduction each.

Have the Time Cataclysm play Surprise Shopping Trip. Then, when Guise starts playing an infinite amount of cards, the environment will burn through the Mobile Defense Platform, then Blade's front side, then Blade's reverse side.

BUT, you said not to use Time Cataclysm, so ...

Super Scientific Tachyon uses her power to put two Synaptic Interuptions in play. Captain Cosmic plays a Wounding Buffer on F5 Wraith and then uses his power to put a second Wounding Buffer on Guise. Parse plays Critical Multiplier. The Ruins of Atlantis play the Atlantean Font of Power. At the end of the environment turn, F5 Wraith and Guise use their shenanigans to discard enough cards so that, via Critical Multiplier, the two wounding buffers have +40 and +30 damage, respectively. In the process, Guise deals enough damage to destroy the Mobile Defense Platform. The Atlantean Font of Power causes Tachyon to play Lightning Reflexes, which allows Tachyon to play two Nimble Strikes, one each against F5 Wraith and Guise. Both Wounding Buffers retaliate against Tachyon, but both are redirected by the Synaptic Interuptions. The first flips Blade. The second destroys him.

NOTE: Feel free to substitute Slamara from The Enclave of the Endlings for the Atlantean Font of Power. This can also be done with MMFFCC's Shooting Gallery by having Guise do enough damage to Tachyon so that she has the least amount of hit points of any hero character card and therefore Shooting Gallery causes Tachyon to deal each of the Wounding Buffers 1 projectile damage.

Hey, that's hero damage! That doesn't count! Sure it does. It's not a hero CHARACTER card doing the damage, it's the Wounding Buffers. 

ALSO: Captain Cosmic plays a Wounding Buffer on Visionary and then uses his power to play an Autonomous Blade on the Wounding Buffer. Visionary plays Wrest the Mind on the Wounding Buffer. Parse plays Critical Multiplier. F5 and Parse use end of environment shenanigans to discard enough cards to boost the Wounding Buffer and the Autonomous Blade to +40 and +30, respectively (or vice versa), while Guise destroys the Mobile Defense Platform. Any end of turn environment damage that would hit Visionary triggers the Wounding Buffer, which gets redirected by Wrest the mind to flip Baron Blade, and then triggers the Autonomous Blade to destroy Baron Blade. I like the potentry of that last bit.

Or: Unity gets out a bot, Visionary plays Wrest the Mind on the bot, Parse/F5 Wraith/Guise do their shenanigans to boost the bot to +40, while Guise burns down the Mobile Defense Platform. Than MMGGCC's Carousel of Horrors causes Blade to discard a target, which triggers the bot to hit itself, but be redirected to Blade, flipping him. Then F5 Wraith or Guise discards a card, triggering their shenanigans again to boost the bot back to +30, then MMGGCC's Carousel of Horrors continues, causing Unity or Visionary to flip a target, triggering the bot to hit itself again, but be redirected to Blade, destroying him.

NOTE: Can use one of Captain Cosmic's projections instead of Unity's bot.

OR: Similarly, use Agent Adept or O-X, instead of Unity/Captain Cosmic's bot/projection, to give Visionary a second card play so she can get out Decoy Projection and play Wrest the mind on it and pull the same trick using Decoy Projection instead of a bot.

Zhu Long's Mysterious Ceremonies could also be subsituted for Atlantean Font of Power.

Celestial Judgement' The Celestial Chamber could put Called to Judgement into play, which would bring Representative of Earth into play, which could put O-X into play and then a hero could use O-X's power instead of the Altantean Font of Power to start Tachyon's playing of cards.

How does Wraith or Guise discarding a card from their deck trigger the Clandestine Funding loop?

My bad. I got that wrong. Was thinking it could be triggered by discards, but it's only by draws.

Does that work now?  I know the Retcon to double Sell Out didn't work on the video game early on, but my tablet died and I can't test it now, it also isn't listed in the fireside updates.

Double Sellout works and always has in the video game.  

Well, technically speaking it didn't always work.  It didn't start working until Guise was added.   :grin:

I'm sorry.  I'll go away now.