Spirit Story?

Hi there,

I’m (probably) going to be writing a short story inspired by Spirit Island some time in the near(ish) future. It will likely be about a small group of Invaders being menaced by some Spirits — simple enough stuff.

But I’m having some trouble deciding which Spirit(s) to feature. So, I’ve journeyed here to ask for counsel on that: what Spirit should I feature?

(I’m leaning towards focusing on only one Spirit, as that will make it simpler.)

If I do end up writing this thing, I likely post it to this forum.

1 Like

I don’t know the game, but I’m told it’s literally the Nexus of the Void, so I vote for whoever is the closest equivalent to Magma’s Rage.

1 Like

SI fanfic? Breaking new ground!

If you want menace, you can’t do much worse than Bringer of Dreams. Thunderspeaker might also work in that role, and you could go with the “we keep seeing this strange person in the raiding groups who seems to glow/vanish/always know where we are” angle, too.

1 Like

I do heartily recommend it. You can get the app for free.

More or less, yes. The main differences are that Spirit Island has native islanders called the Dahan and doesn’t have the shifting biomes. Well, and it’s not a gateway to the Void.

That would be Volcano Looming High:
Volcano Looming High Art

Yes, I suppose that that is what this is.

Thanks. It is unusual that no one has made any before, although I can see why.

I’ll definitely consider your suggestions, @TakeWalker and @The_Justifier.

1 Like

This appears to be true only for Iphone users. I’m not a Mac, I’m a PC…er, I mean Android.

Well, that’s unfortunate.

There’s definitely a couple out there, but it’s always good to see more! My only suggestion would be to focus on a spirit whose vibe you find interesting - I did Shadows Flicker, because I could see them acting like a horror movie monster and that was the sort of thing I felt like writing :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, @liarliar.

Yep, Shadows is definitely good for that.

That’s good to hear.

1 Like