[SPOILERS] Rook City Renegades unboxing & discussion

Is the Bunkercopter canon to anything other than the animated series? For some ridiculous reason I’m thinking of a goofier, more kid-oriented cartoon where the blades just come out of the helmet like a propeller beanie and lift up the entire suit! :laughing::helicopter:

P.S. The more serious version would be the U.S. military flying in a Chinook with a large electromagnet dangling below to deploy a suit in the middle of a hot zone.

1 Like

He gets one in Vertex.

Oh, then it’s the gritty version except privately funded by Montgomery Industries or just Maia herself. Guess it’s nice to have a rich girlfriend, assuming they’re together in that continuity.

I think my other two major thoughts were:

“I wish I’d somehow been able to see this a few weeks ago, because ‘The story about the time the Fey Court convinced Akash’Thriya to fall in love with someone’ sounds like a fantastic thing to suggest as a February episode for the Letters Page.”

And

“Dear God what is that art on Scattered Mind”. Like, obviously it’s gotta be an homage to some notoriously bad RL artist, but…

1 Like

Just got my copy today. While looking it over i got te idea to organize both games in the boxes, with one box containing the heroes, tokens, and dials with the villians and environments in the other. The dividers in rook city are taller than those from the core game. I dont recall that mentioned before but could be wrong. Its a little annoying for my slight OCD since i want to sort by complexity as well and ill have a mix of tall and short dividers. Anyone know if the core dividers are able to be gotten in this new size or have an idea on a solution?

2 Likes

It’s been said the dividers were made taller to compensate for the core ones being too small if you sleeved your cards.

And that they’re planning on a low-cost errata pack in the future and they’ll have bigger core set dividers in it.

2 Likes

Thank you for that info. Do you know if that will be on this site or in the next kickstarter later this year i hope.

All we’ve heard is that it’ll happen when they need to do reprints.

I was sad that Cult of Gloom / Blackfist foe “Death Rattle” was not a black Voodoo guy.

sorting my card exactly like you said is what i will do when i get home tonight.
Sentinels box for heroes and Rook city box for villains and environments right?

1 Like

He was based off Profane Zealot in EE that in turn is based off a real person who pledged to be in the game when Infernal Relics had a KS

3 Likes

Thats exactly how i did it

I had been wondering if that was what happened there since Ronway got a name upgrade too. I don’t think we’ve seen UXM around in a long while, though. Hope they’re doing OK.

1 Like

I’m really curious what “Thiago” is up to.

1 Like

What is the full list of RL people we know of who have cameos?

Pydro is Siege-Breaker
Thiago Diaz is an RL kid Thiago [different last name]
UXM266 is the Profane Zealot/Deathrattle
Ronway is the Cursed Acolyte/Ronwe the Cursed
Rabit is the Imprisoned Rogue
I know the Deputy and the Broker are a husband/wife. Is it Andy Aronson who’s the Deputy?
I want to say I remember the dude being killed by Apostate on Remorseless Provocation was also a cameo.

Oh right, and in the RPG Rockstar was based on a real person, but it’s a tragic story unlike the KS cameos. :confused:

1 Like

Yep, Andy is the Deputy and his spouse is the Broker. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Okay, box arrived this morning, and I just finished getting it organized. Only negative thing is the lack of the rotting god Gloomweaver and Spite stuff. Though given how the decks have changed, I wonder if that event would be better with a difference villain deck in future.

That’s a story right before OblivAeon and thus it’ll show up later. As we’ve been promised all EE content will come in DE eventually

2 Likes

Yeah, but they’ve also said that they want each expansion to be able to stand on its own, rather than referencing other stuff, so either the last expansion (Obliv or not) will be the one where everything is on the table, or the rotting god thing will be its own deck.

1 Like

Either way the content will happen. It’s just not with RCR and that’s been known for a while.

2 Likes