State of GTG - June 2018

Wow are things busy. As predicted, more and more things are happening in an overlapping sequence of events that threatens to descend into chaos. On top of all this, we are doing a bit of hiring and reorganization here at Greater Than Games, which will help us handle the increasing load of projects and tasks in the medium and long term, but which adds to them in the short term! Here's all of the personelle stuff that has been going on:

1. Mara, our Sales & Marketing Director, has taken advantage of an awesome opportunity with AEG and will be leaving us in July.
  2. After analysing our current workload and workload growth, we've decided to split the Marketing and Sales aspects of Mara's job among multiple people going forward.
  3. To that end, Maggie, our Social Media Manager, has been promoted to Marketing Manager! She has a strong marketing background and has been doing a fantastic job so far with all of those tasks.
  4. To help take some livestreaming-related tasks off of Maggie's plate now that she has more responsabilities, we have hired Trevor as a full time videographer! We've been working with Trevor as a contractor for years, but he'll be moving to full time now which is quite exciting.
  5. to take on the sales aspects of Mara's job, we are currently in the middle of the hiring progress for a new Inside Sales Manager to manage all of the interfacing with distributors throughout the world.
  6. For the past several months, we have also been in the process of transitioning Alex from a primarily warehouse-focused role to working more and more with other publishers for whom we provide warehousing and fulfillment services.
  7. To help with Christopher's thru-put on projects, we have hired Chris Burton (Braitwhite on the forum!) to be a Playtesting Manager and help speed up development time on all of our games.
  8. To help with the increased volume of games as well as marketing material that we need to create, we have hired Sarah Kelly as a new graphic designer to work with Jenn and SaRae. She started today!
  9. To help with my workload and help make sure that I keep up on all of my reporting and analysis tasks, we have hired Twuana Price as an Operations Manager. She starts on Monday!

As you can imagine, all of that added onto all of the conventions, upcoming Kickstarters, and OblivAeon release makes things a bit hectic. In addition to the above, here's some things we achieved in the past month:

1. Craig organized the initial schedule and room layout for Citizens at Gen Con and Origins.
  2. Craig and I came up with some new training ideas for the Citizen program.
  3. Craig didn't attend ACD Games Day, but he spent the time organizing UK Games Expo citizens while Maggie, Jodie, Matt, and I all attended.
  4. Craig attended UK Games Expo with me, Christopher, Jenn, and Maggie, as well as Dave Chalker, one of the Designers of the SC RPG.
  5. Craig managed the UKGE booth, where we sold out of a ton of Spirit Island, and SC:RPG starter kits, and all around had a great experience.
  6. Craig, Maggie, and I worked out a few more key organizational details for our Gen Con booth.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress!

In Stock Since May

1. Spirit Island (but.... it's out of stock again....)
  2. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw 
  3. SotM: Core Game reprint
  4. SotM: Vengeance reprint

Shipping to Backers

1. Nothing!

In Transit; On A Boat

1. New Bedford reprint
  2. SotM: Shattered Timelines & Wrath of the Cosmos reprint
  3. The OblivAeon stuff for European fulfillment

Completed Mass Production; In China

1. SotM: OblivAeon
  2. SotM: Stuntman, Benchmark, & Void Guard
  3. SotM: Complete Hero Variant Collection
  4. SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case
  5. SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection
  6. SotM: Promo Cards
  7. The giant OblivAeon KS shipping cartons.

In Mass Production

1. Spirit Island (even even more)
  2. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  3. Spirit Island: Promo Spirit Pack reprint
  4. Compounded reprint
  5. Bottom of the 9th mini-expansion reprint

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

1. Legend of Sleepy Hollow

Current WIP Focus by GTG

1. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  2. Prime War (Christopher)
  3. Sentinels of Earth Prime (Christopher)
  4. Spirit Island expansion (Paul + Christopher + Jenn)
  5. Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher + Adam)
  6. A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Joel, etc)
  7. The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)

I'll see you next month!

Happy for Oblivaeon being on its way. Disappointed there is no update on prime war 

Just saw your post on another thread Paul, excited to see it before gen con

Wow, congratulations Mara, Maggie, Trevor, Alex, Braithwhite, Sarah, and Twuana!

Patreon for Citizens?

And Craig's all over this update, I see! :D

Lots of congratulations to hand out!

Wait ... Craig's work was noticed by Paul ...

Awww ... I think it's the end of an era ... :)

On a more serious note, I'm not sure if I post this on the right place, but since there is info on OblivAeon shipping.

Apparently, the process of shipping will be finished in late August ... which is not that great, because OblivAeon's episodes for the Letters page are in July. It was delayed so we can have the cards and ask questions about them. But it won't happen.

So ... do you know if the OblivAeon's episodes will be reported to September or if it will be still on July ? If it is still july, will it be possible to have another 'oblivaeon box opening' but with way  more cards shown (like it was done for the Void Guards, Ambuscade and Benchy)

This is my favourite update this entire year. For Reasons.

Paul meant "program." I've edited his post to correct that.

This is also my favorite update. For different reasons. 

That makes a lot more sense.  

It's great to see the company growing!

Seconded. Are we adjusting the Letter's Page Schedule again? I don't mind as it means OblivAeon is actually on its way to my door, but if not we will need a LOT more to go on to ask pertinent questions.
I am sure we could ask plenty of non-pertinent questions though :smiley:

~Komori

Very happy for all of you!!!  :grin:  That's some great news! Will miss Mara, but I'm sure it'll be a great opportunity – and it'll provide opportunities for other folks on the team. 

Looking forward to meeting the new folks! 

Congratulations! Is this a full-time job for you?

Yep.  Moved to St. Louis and everything! 

Exciting!

Congrats!

Wait.

I was mentioned by Paul.

In an official way.

In an official update.

Does that mean I exist now?

I’m pretty sure you only truly exist once you show up on this page https://greaterthangames.com/about-us