State of GTG - October 2019

Oh crap, I got so behind that I missed my September post... Well, here is a two-month update for you all! My apologize for missing the last one! In the past two months, here's some stuff that we've done:

1. Adam, Christopher, and I all went to PAX West for some business meeting and to make some plans about an upcoming product.
  2. Maggie, Katie, and I went to the Alliance Open House in Ft. Wayne, IN.
  3. We sent Cheapass Games in Black & White to the printer!
  4. We hosted James Ernest in St. Louis to prepare for some upcoming game releases.
  5. We signed a lease on some temporary short-term extra warehouse space.
  6. We began an extensive audit of warehouse proceedures to help optimize the speed at which we can safely ship products.
  7. We did a bunch of work to get Sleepy Hollow sent to the factory, found a series of problems, and completely restructured how that project is going.
  8. We completed the final Jagged Earth art commisioning and began the detailed proofing process.
  9. We completed the final phase-one editing of all of the SCRPG core rulebook chapters.
  10. We began design work on a big new project.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress.

In Stock Since August

• Homebrewers
  • Microbrewers

Shipping to Backers

• Nothing

In Transit; On a Boat

• Medium

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

• Cheapass Games in Black & White
  • Many reprints

Current WIP Focus by GTG

• Legends of Sleepy Hollow (Chris Burton, Maggie, Alex)
  • Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  • Prime War (Christopher, Chris Burton, Lore Forge)
  • Spirit Island: The Jagged Earth (Paul, Jenn, Rae, Erik)
  • Sentinels of Freedom video game (Christopher, Adam, Underbite Studio)
  • The History of Sentinel Comics (Christopher, Adam)
  • Untitled Cheapass Games Project (Jenn, Chris Burton, James Ernest)
  • Milkman (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • Unititled Big Project 1 (Christopher, Adam)
  • Untitled Big Project 2 (Christopher, Matt)
  • Some other games (Chris Kirkman, Chris Burton)
  • A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Alex, Darrell)

I'll see you next month!

Thanks for the update Paul. 

I wasn’t part of the KS but I thought Sleepy Hollow was at least in pre-press work. 

There have been some serious fireworks: A Step Back.

(That’s not the most recent update, they’ve switched to doing weekly updates.)

Wow.   Thanks for the link dpt

That update on Jagged Earth has me excited.

Also Untitled Big Project #2. :O

I'm just glad I was able to backerkit Jagged Earth before it was closed.

> Unititled Big Project 1 (Christopher, Adam)

Oho, something new Sentinel Comics, perhaps? Might be exciting...! :)

Now that GTG has such a pipeline of games, Paul, do you find it all falls into a cycle where some times of year are mainly development, some times are mainly production, and so on? Looks kinda like we're in a heavy development swing, and I'm guessing releases go with Gen Con.

Yeah, that sort of cycle is sort of true (not entirely true, but kind of), and you're definitely right that Gen Con is generally a release target and a big driver for some of the cyclcic nature of development.

Thanks for the update, but I couldn't help but notice that the Agents of Arkham expansion is missing from this month's list. I hope you guys are still working on it!

@HasturMain

We are trying to figure out what, exactly, our plans will be for Fate of the Elder Gods going forward. We really like it, but it doesn't sell enough to justify expanding it like Sentinels or Spirit Island.

Makes sense. You guys obviously have a lot of other things on a lot of plates right now. Thank you for the candid response! I'll still be holding out hope we'll see Agents someday :)

Any update on progress of Prime War. It’s been a while since we have had a detailed update on the progress.

The folks working on it post updates here https://loreforgegames.wordpress.com/blog/ and their last update was the beginning of this month. 

Heya. So, uh, November update? December update?

I miss the days Paul would come and give us monthly updates. Especially on things like Sentinels Prime that is about 5 years overdue.

He does them when he can and is under no obligation to provide one.   GtG overall has a lot of projects going on so I'm sure once some of it is settled Paul will post a new one.  

I will respectively disagree with you to a degree, Powerhound. I will agree with you that Paul is a busy man, however part of a business is keeping customers informed of what is going on so they continue to buy your products. Trust me I am hardcore GTG and have many of the things they have released. At the end of the day, however, I have given GTG money for a couple of different items now including Prime War and Jagged Earth. It is ok for me to say hey you took my money for this product, what is going on. A post that says hey we are working on it and not much to update at the moment goes a long way in my book.

With that being said I am choosing not to argue on this point further, because as history has shown these types of debates go in circles and don’t lead to anything productive except riling people up.

If you want an update on Prime War I would highly suggest emailing contact@greaterthangames.com as I don't see posting here will get you an update with any urgency or possibly sending a tweet/DM to @LoreForgeGames

I'll also note that if you want updates on Spirit Island they open for anyone to see here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/spirit-island-jagged-earth

Many thanks for keeping this tough topic civil -- greatly appreciated! :-) 

FYI Maggie mentioned in a response in the Prime Wars section "Paul and I just had a conversation about me providing monthly updates on what's going on at Greater Than Games and hosting a Q&A type session in the comments after". Nothing definite yet but it does have their attention. 

https://greaterthangames.com/comment/204928#comment-204928