Story Challenges Discussion

So… Rook City challenges soon?

This.

Also, does everyone lose the World Traveler achievement until they play Rook City and Pike Industrial Complex?

Yes, very soon! We are putting the finishing touches on them, and then they will be released :slight_smile:

But no, we have no intention of anyone losing any previous Sentinel Points. All future Story Challenges will be standalone or meta-challenges.

When are those expansion challenges coming??? I only have one more of the original challenges to complete, and I won’t know what to do when I finish!!!

Interesting.  I always maintain that I don't care a lick about XBOX achievments or Playstaion trophies, but this (which is clearly inspired by them) is very intriguing to me.

Time to necro a thread!

Since I'm new to the game, I had a couple questions about these.  I understand the system is pretty DIY, but I wondered about the intention of one of them:

1) For "Heroic Dedication," is it just to play a game with that hero and win? Thus, if I played a game with Haka, Ra, and Legacy, and we won, we'd get all three of those awards?

2) So it's been some time: should we still wait for new challenges for the expansions?

I'm currently drafting some Unofficial Story Challenges for the Expansions and Promo Cards.  You can view my work in progress (version 0.01) here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BypJSleG9RhhOTJyUmRLdjdkb00/edit?usp=sharing

Suggestions and comments are welcome.  I try to match the format of the original document as much as possible, while keeping it entirely separate from the official Story Challenges.  Also, the last couple of pages are design notes, so you can see what stupid thing I was thinking at the time.

Hey all,

Are the Sentinel Points achieved through the Story Challenges redeemable, like the Sentinel points I got at PAX East? My brother and I played for fifteen hours over the holiday weekend (awesome) and I'm hoping to get more promo cards :-)

If they are, then I just completed all the Story Challenges 25 times last night and will be expecting to cash in all of my new Sentinels points soon. ;)

Nope, sorry! When we say "Sentinels Points", we (confusingly, we realize in retrospect), mean several different things.

perhaps the story challenges should be calls Story Points, or Hero Points, or Challenge Points, or Story Achievements, or Sentinel Achievements, or simply Bragging Rights. :)

I like "Bragging Rights" :-)