Story Challenges Discussion

What sort of luck have you had with facing the Story Challenges so far? Which ones did you blow away in your first try? Which ones have been significantly more trouble?

[Edited to make this discussion be about the existence of Story Challenges in general.]

The Story Challenges?

Oh, I see now. Hmm… “Try these story challenges, based on iconic story-arcs from your favorite issues of Sentinel Comics” Oh really?

If anyone is unsure as to what this is all about, go to our downloads page here: http://www.sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/downloads

The Sentinels of the Multiverse Story Challenges .pdf has lots of exciting things to try!

So, in effect, you have created achievements for Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Absolutely! We’d been doing stuff like this when we play, anyway. Figured we’d make it available to everyone!

Haha, fantastic, totally going to start doing this.

What a cool concept. I can’t wait to try this with my group.

Alright, Day 1 end, my total so far is 0SP.

Looking forward to incorporating the Story Challenges!

What are the chances of getting some flavor text to read aloud, explaining the challenges?

It’s not out of the question, but with the expansion work we’ve got going on now, it probably won’t happen for a while. I’d encourage you to use them to modify the stories you’re already telling and create scenarios with your teams.

Do I still get the points for The Fires of Mt Doom if it wasn’t exactly the volcano that defeated the villain but the Volcano erupting on Absolute Zero that did it?

Nope!

It would be cool if there were future challenges that involved things like weird chain reactions with AZ - those are always awesome.

You should include these in the expansion box! I recently got the expansion to Space Alert and they had an achievement system too. It really added to the game and not many board games have achievements - something else to set this game apart as something greater! Have you ever thought of doing a leveling system that carries over from game to game? you could get extra points for doing the story challenges!!

I happen to love stuff like that, the idea of consistently leveling heroes is really cool to me. Right now it’s not our focus, but we’ll see what happens once the expansion’s released.

We just had sooo much fun doing the challenges! I recently was in a game where we got the T-Rex to eat Omnitron, and it was SO epic! Then next game, we played as the Freedom 5 and took out Omnitron with Police Backup!

Are there going to be some new challenges added now that Rook City is out into the wild? I’d love to see a Rook City Heroes achievement where you win using only heroes from Rook City (Mr Fixer, Expatriette, and The Wraith). Which brings to mind, are there any other heroes based out of Rook City?

Based on what I’m seeing on some of the cards in rook city I think Tachyon may have a presence there.

The Matriarch is Tachyon’s nemesis, so that would make a certain amount of sense.