Tales of your Campaign

Anyone playing any ongoing campaigns with the game yet? any tales or info on how its going? what setting elements are you using or changing? or maybe you have your own setting you are using? any tips or pitfalls you have found with the game? I am all ears to hear about it?

Minions can be super dangerous if not dealt with. If players and GMs don’t embrace the Twists things can slow down.

In the game I just started the characters are new heroes following the OblivAeon event and training under the Sentinels of Freedom. They’ve stumbled onto a plot by someone to acquire the relics of Gloomweaver in order to bring them into the world fully. In our first game a Major Twist resulted in Ermine recognizing one of the heroes (a reformed criminal) and then escaping police custody.

Ermine … escaping police custody

That’s just a Tuesday.

3 Likes

Yup :slight_smile:

Just commenting on play styles, we’re in our 2nd campaign right now and actual game play is very different because our characters are very different. In the first campaign we had two characters with really big “One Hit” red abilities, and I summoned minions. To keep my minions from overwhelming the BBEG the DM was giving them Damage Resistance so my horde of d6 minions wouldn’t take them down with a dozen d6 attacks. In our current game I’m the only one who can fight hordes of minions effectively so the new DM has been playing with those mechanics, using BBEGs who grant a group Defend or minions with bonuses to their defend roll.

Our first campaign was a classic Sentinels game, Freedom Tower and all. It made sense to have us fight really big, tough villains who were nigh indestructible. Our second campaign is very innovative. The DM saw an opportunity to turn Sentinels Comics RPG into a Dungeons and Dragons type game, and so far it’s working great. The concept is pretty simple when you think about it: a band of legendary heroes comes together to save the world. They fight the evil hordes (minions consisting of goblins, orcs, kobolds, undead, abominations, demons, et al) to eventually free a realm from the clutches of a legendary foe or monster (dragons, liches, demon lords, et al). It’s been a lot of fun, and I could see this being a regular alternative to the standard fantasy RPGs.

7 Likes