Teaching Game, and story challenges

Today my wife and I taught a friend Sentinels. We played with Unity, The Argent Adept, Tempest and Ra. Being out first game we played again Baron Blade in normal mode in the Insula Primalis. There was a lot of synergy and we ended up having the volcano make the crushing blow on Baron Blade (achievement unlocked) :) ... But then our friend said... lets keep playing. We went to reset the game when he said, "No let just bring another villian out and leave the rest the same." So... we brought out Omnitron (again on normal mode) and ended up defeating her(he?, it?) as well. I was wondering if anyone had done a "campaign mode" of sorts with villians like this before, at least with the less difficult villians it was lots of fun, and still a challenge as we had spent a lot of health and resources to defeat the first villian. He also enjoyed being able to keep on going without having to learn another character or get a new set up in order to keep on playing.

Thoughts? Other experiences new players have brough to the table which has enriched the game for you?

There's a thread somewhere on the forums about someone who tried to do exactly what you're talking about - stringing together fights where the heroes get a slight rest between fights, maybe heal a bit, but you have to keep going with whoever survived the last fight.  I think the consensus was that it was a fun idea but still needed some tweaking because for every fight after the first, the heroes will not have to go through their normal build-up phase of getting cards into play and so are extraordinarily powerful from the first instant the new villain walks onto the stage.  Tachnyon specifically can be extra powerful in later fights since her trash will be full of Burst cards.

I also dabbled in something similar to his.  I've got a series of scenarios that link together individual fights to tell a story like a comic book arc.  It's different, though, in that each fight is a regular fight.  You can find my scenarios on my website: www.spiffworld.com/sotm.

I should have figurered with all the smart people on here it would have happened before. I was searched the forum and not seen the discussion you are referencing. Anyo of these smart people want to point me to that, pretty please, or give me a key word to search it up with?

Can't find it, sadly ...