The Letters Page! Episode 1 Discussion (Legacy)

Christopher and Adam said they were gonna do it, and now they've done it!

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-1

(Just ignore the difference between the day of the original announcement and when this is posted.  :slightly_smiling_face: )

Now that we have a list of the Paul Parsons and their powers, time to build a mapping between them and Legacy's Ongoing cards. (I feel slow that it's taken me this long to realize that connection…)

Didn't one of the Paul Parsons have some kind of inspiration aura power? I could've sworn that was on the 'known powers' list, but it wasn't mentioned in the podcast.

Mostly I found it interesting that Expat sees Legacy as mentor.   Makes the art on Arboreal Phalanges make a bit more sense as that seems to be the only art I can think of where they show up together.  

I really like the revelations about Mrs Parsons .A US Senator was not what I pictured .It's cool that legacy left Chicago to be with her .

It's particularly interesting with the friction between the Freedom Five and the US government in Sentinels Tactics.

So...

If anyone would take upon themselves the arduous task of Transcribing the podcost for inclusion onto the Wiki, that would be... well awesome.. 

if minute notations were also included that would be ... well completely awesome.

I have the thought of having a Podcast page on the wiki, with transcripts of each episode for ease of searching, as well as being able to easily get the information they discuss onto the wiki - like putting Emily Parsons info up. Debating if she should form the first of a 'Minor Character' section on the Hero page or be placed in the Legacy page.... eh, thats a discussion for another thread (if you have a comment on that, post it in the wiki thread

Per twitter Christopher and Adam are looking at some way to do it themselves. 

Nobody has commented on the little snippet at the very end, after the outro music.

I thought so, too.

Apparently, Anchorman vocal warm up

Thanks!

There were hints that perhaps Joseph Parsons' father had that power.

I thought that was at one point stated as Greatest Legacy's power, and now it is keen eyesight.  It has changed several times.  The first several Pauls used to just be listed as general physical enhancement.

What I love best is finding out that my theory to explain Legacy's in game powers was accurate, he can mostly negate one big shot, and adds to that general toughness.

I love the Dune-esque vulnerability to slow moving knives as well.

I also love the personality of Legacy in a fight.  Fly right into the center, cause havoc and trust the rest of the team to make things work out well.

Of course, a tactical expert, stealth user and speedster definitely fit well with that strategy.

Can't wait to find out more about the Wraith.

Fear the eventual eviscerator!

And the horribly slow murderer with the extremely inefficient weapon!

Was it one of the Drindelthengenflagenmorden?

OMG they actually did it!

Back on topic: they said that, in the card game/canonical timeline, Young Legacy first put on the Legacy costume after Iron Legacy beat Legacy up and she needed to fill in for him.  However, in the Iron Legacy timeline, represented on both the old and new versions of Young Legacy's incap side, she's in costume at the time she's killed by Baron Blade.  Does that mean that in the Iron Legacy timeline, Legacy lost to Baron Blade, but nonfatally, and she had to fill in for him?

He was captured it would appear in some vat and broke out as seen on Final Evolution of the Iron Legacy deck

I've always thought that was him crushing the regression serum from Hasten Doom as a sign that even traditional weaknesses can't stop him now. It looks more like a vial being crushed than a fist coming out of a vat to me.